Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted and 35" tires on page 6

This thread is something I'm going to add to and update anytime my truck experiences a significant change. We call it a "build thread" :toothless

1995 F150 5.0L 4x4 Extended Cab Eddie Bauer Edition (I know, it's not even a Bronco :rofl:)

Purchased 21 August 2007 w/ 124,958mi

I'm after a truck that will serve as my daily driver, be fairly capable in every terrain, and still visually qualify for entry into the local car shows.

Plans are to keep the stock D44 TTB front and 8.8 rear. I like vehicles to have a good stance and that means filling the wheelwells with 35" tires. If the tire can't stuff into the wheelwell it's losing function.

The exhaust is 3" Magnaflow from the exhaust manifolds back.

Front bumper, rear bumper, and rock sliders are planned.

I'm starting this thread now because I ordered my lift today! Six inch Pro Comp; extended arms, new leaf springs, and Bilstein 5150 shocks. :hump Camburg stuff is my dream, but this is a start.

From the day I brought it home:

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
I am watching this build because I want to put a 6" lift on my truck which is a 95 F-150 extended cab 4x4. The exhaust from the headers back is magnaflow?Magnaflow has a y pipe??
yes they do. look on summit racing they have them on there

Good looking truck man

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,523 Posts
Sharp truck - you are not the only F150 on here...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am watching this build because I want to put a 6" lift on my truck which is a 95 F-150 extended cab 4x4. The exhaust from the headers back is magnaflow?Magnaflow has a y pipe??
As imlikeojnow said, they do have one, but mine was actually fabbed up at the exhaust shop. My catalytic converter and muffler are Magnaflow.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
Excom:
If you want to sell those stock steps PM me. Nice looking truck, what kind of headlights are those?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The headlights are smoked lens, black housed and diamond cut. Threads detailing them:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103027
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114431

I still have the stock steps. I may need to put 'em back on for a short time after my lift until I get the sliders built. I have all the hardware bagged and everything. I assume you know, but just in case you don't they'll only fit extended cab F-Series. I'll let you know. Are you in a hurry to get some?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My lift showed up today! It was stuck in the Denver snow and delayed for a day. In case anyone doesn't read the previous posts, this is a Pro Comp 6" Stage II lift w/ Pro Comp 4" leaf springs. The Bilstein 5150s are on backorder and may prevent the install from happening this weekend.

These radius arms exceeded my expectations by far! These aren't the arms pictured on Pro Comp's website. The design is very smart. The welds all look great and the protective coating, whatever it is, looks good and seems to be on there really well. I don't expect anything will be flaking off the brackets upon install! I'm suprised at how well detailed everything is.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Awesome. I probably wouldnt have gone with ProComp, but it looks like you are happy with it. That finish does look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looks great bro! I know you have been wanting it for a VERY long time! Im telling you, you will want more. I started with the 6inch kit now im doing a SAS with 12inches of lift. HAHA. Your truck looks GREAT! It is in prestine shape! I can't wait to see it. What tires and rims you going with? Also what was the price on the lift? I see you got camber and caster kit too.

-Curtis-

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Any specific reason? I've researched this for a long time, but if I've missed something important, lay it on me.
No, no reason. I am just not partial to ANYTHING ProComp. But that is me.

In that kit's defense, it does fall into the better group when talking about drop bracket design. The radius arms look decent too. And you have already opted for a better shock. I would say you are good to go. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Good looking truck..........keep the progress/photos coming. I sold a F150 ext cab to buy the Bronco and the very next week saw a reg cab stepside short bed 4x4. However the Bronco is meeting my expectations and is a bit more practical for the dogs.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts