Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you interested, Street Racer Parts sells the Reverse Glo gauges for the F150s and Broncos, for alot of years...except the 80-86...BUT!!!! Those are under development. I have given them my info, but they wont start production until 10 people do a "Buy In". What this is, is they will start production when 10 people enter their information to say that they will buy the gauges. You do have to enter your credit card info BUT!!!...nothing will be charged until AFTER the 10th person Buys In. The charge is $70 plus $8 for shipping. Here is the link if you guys are interested. The pic for the gauges isnt specifically for the Bronco but it gives you the idea of the look. I will be sending a set of gauges to them for a template once the 10th person buys in. The gauge set WILL have the Tach, Speedo, temp, oil, gas and temp gauge.
So far I am the only one. But I surely cant be the only one....can I?

:banghead

http://64.49.248.161/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=22

·
Banned
470 Posts
I think those would get old after a while because of that bright white light shining in your face at night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:brownbag Bright White? I don't see bright white :brownbag

Actually I dont know if you looked at em but they aren't that bright...And I was talking to a friend that had em in his truck and you are supposed to be able to dim em like your regular dash lights. These have more blue and red than anything else. :toothless

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
BillyBob69 said:
:brownbag Bright White? I don't see bright white :brownbag

Actually I dont know if you looked at em but they aren't that bright...And I was talking to a friend that had em in his truck and you are supposed to be able to dim em like your regular dash lights. These have more blue and red than anything else. :toothless
Good work BillyBob69

Question; very few 80-86 Broncos or F-150 owners popped for the square 6000 rpm stock tachometer, are they going to include this in the set ?

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Andy351 said:
if i get one can it have a turbo meter that glows purple
I may or may not go for them,still can't really picture them, but my older 80-86 style gauges sure are dark as it stands. Anyone who is widening what's available for our Broncos, especially the older ones, is doing good work by me.

Remember be constructive or at least use constructive criticism, keep it friendly.

Sixlitre

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
I like the way they glow at night, but I'm not a big fan of stock whiteface guages.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SIXLITRE - Yes they will have the tach. If enough people buy in, then I am going to ship them a busted set of gauges so they can use them for the template. It will be a full set op gauges with all the dials. Email me if you need more info.

·
Registered
103 Posts
metalhead said:
I think those would get old after a while because of that bright white light shining in your face at night.
They aren't white at night. They are white during the day and glow green at night.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Pukwudji said:
They aren't white at night. They are white during the day and glow green at night.
Anything would be an improvement over the stock gauge lighting.

I went to the trouble of converting to a 3G 130 1995 Mustang alternator and that gave me 14.75 volts at the headlight instead of barely 11 volts. The same being true all over the truck, the dang gauges are still too dull.

My map lights have quit working again, leaving me with only the orange glow of the dome light so it's dark in that Eddie Bauer lately. Been watching everyone else score those dome light set ups off the newer 97-03s and that looks like the way to go.

Guess I'll still have to contort up into the rear driver's pillar by the seat belt to fix the green wire again first, no getting out of that again !

In the dark

Sixlitre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts