Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 400 in my new project truck with less than 10k on it, and its been sitting about 10 years....with coolant but probably mostly water... anyway the whole cooling area in the truck is real rusty...and corroded...im replacing the waterpump..(really rusty inside) and am just wondering how to clean out all that rust... im gonna flush most of it with a hose....but any other suggestions?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Damn... CM Punk where ya been buddy? haven't seen you here in a while.
does it run? the flush kits you can pick up at the parts store with the tee you put in the heater hose and then back flush it with your garden hose have always worked well for me. they are cheap and easy . I don't remember off the top of my head but I think it comes with an additive you run through it first? you add it to the radiator, run it till it warms up and then back flush it. its been awhile since I used it so???????

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well all the accessories are off of it ...no exhaust carb ect... but yes it did run good before i took them off but im gonna clean up and paint it and i was looking for a way to clean all the rust out without having to have it started...or damaging the new paint later

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
just put the Tee fitting in the heater hose and run the garden hose

do you still have the other Bronco? post up some pictures when you can

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya its the one in my sig.. ill get some pics later

·
Registered
22 Posts
use granular laundry detergent(brand does not matter), but only with straight water no coolant. This is what i seen used several times when coolant flush kits were not available while working at the dealership. dont go crazy with the suds though use small and work your way up.

Joe

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k ill try that...

i was getting the engine stand out of the back of an old chevy parts truck we have and i found a 600cfm 4 barrel holley with vacuum secondaries...this seems perfect for this motor right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i wouldnt see a problem with this, just go through it and see if its good and tune it to the motor, no need to waste fuel.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts