1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh???????????????
Oh yeah I'm the EFI Guru :banghead
So I have to install all the latest toys I find :D
This was my Alarm, I installed the majority of it in High School, before I was, um.... Smarter :confused:

Notice that it was done at different times, stuff added when I bought extra features. I love remote EVERYTHING! :thumbup

So I used my new RElay and Fuse Blocks for a cleaner install:

I could wrap the wires, but they won't ever see a lot of water, and it makes it look more messy for criminals. I know what everything does by memory.
I could give you the keys, but with the alarm on, you can't move the truck 1 inch

I redid all my tail lights, basicly everything behind the driver seat was re-wired this weekend. I didn't get pictures of the other stuff, it got dark at 6:30PM :banghead

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thats some skillage in the village :thumbup

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
Yeah, too bad you sold the engine :shrug
You could have had a "RJM" harness :D
the engine that i sold was the old,tired,smoking boat anchor 351M.And what is the RJM harness?I still have the 460 efi.Im still wieghing out my options:beer...Ill get the measurements for you manana since i dont have class

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Hahahaha! Talk about a headache. I don't know about you guys, but I sweat my ass off working in the back of my bronco. Looks good though! How did you wire up the rear window by the way? I've rewired mine a few different ways, and can't find anything that gives me the warm fuzzy. (I'm talkin about switches too by the way)

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RaisedIIPerfection said:
the engine that i sold was the old,tired,smoking boat anchor 351M.And what is the RJM harness?I still have the 460 efi.Im still wieghing out my options:beer...Ill get the measurements for you manana since i dont have class
RJM Harness is my Brand name :duh
So get the measurements, put the 460 in the truck, and we can get it started :twak
FASTER BOY, WORK FASTER :twak
:beer

Crazed said:
Like this?
Thanks Crazed :thumbup
That is my starting point for the tail lights. I'll inprove that by about 58432% +/- 10%

jerry 1 a b said:
Hahahaha! Talk about a headache. I don't know about you guys, but I sweat my ass off working in the back of my bronco. Looks good though! How did you wire up the rear window by the way? I've rewired mine a few different ways, and can't find anything that gives me the warm fuzzy. (I'm talkin about switches too by the way)
Sweat my ass off :confused: it was 40F today, I put a $30 heater in the truck with me :thumbup
Im working on the tailgate wiring thread. I'll inculde how mine works. Basicly the dash switch doesn't power the motor. 18G wires from the dash switch signals the last 2 relays in that new picture to move the glass up or down. 8Ga wire feeds power from to those relays and the tailgate switch. Replaced the motor wire with 12Ga. So it gets lots of juice when it needs it.
If you know how the circuit works, you'll understand that the motor groudn is now at those relays, which is 10 feet closer than the dash switch.

Better wires + Relays + Closer Ground = Faster & Better TG window :thumbup

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
That sounds great, and I can't wait to see that thread. Yeah, it has been a lil chili these last few days. I love this time of year.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Fireguy50 said:

I could give you the keys, but with the alarm on, you can't move the truck 1 inch
I find that to be a problem. Non of my friends could drive my truck with all the switches unlabeled, and screw it if I try to get some new tires on my truck... I gotta pull it into the shop so they can do the work!! Hopefully now it will be easier thanks to the label maker and the ignition on the key switch.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the original connectors behind the taillight. Sorce of many problems for all Bronco owners:

Here are my new Weatherpack connectors:

yes you see 6 wires:
window up / window down / key switch power / defrost power / defrost ground / and my 6th wire is for a future 3rd brake light :D

Here are the connectors agian, with the new ground.

There is now a 10ga ground behind each tail light. Drivers side ground is for the drivers brake, tail, back up light, and defroster. Passanger groudn is for the passanger brake, tail, back up, and plate lights. MAde everything brighter :D

Here you see the wiring at the drivers frame rail:

Weatherpack connectors again. Only connectors here are for the tail lights. Tailgate wiring has been removed.

Here you see the drivers side wiring behind the gas filler:

Tail-light wiring comes over from the frame rail like normal. Tailgate wiring drops down from the inner quarter pannel from my new relays. Like I talked about in the begining of this post.

Here is wiring at the passanger frame rail:

Only difference is that ground for the licence plate lights is suplied from behind the taillight above.

SEE NO FAULTY WIRING HERE :D :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
HOLY RUST BATMAN!!!

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i know you have talkt about a body swap before, if you are goin to do that, y spend so much time on this one? maybe its just me but it almost seems like a waste

wes

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the wiring would swap over to the new body :thumbup
I typically plan for it when I do the wiring. Add a connector at a key spot, or remove a connector at bumb spots. Each time I wire this truck, the new body will be better too :beer

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts

Better wires + Relays + Closer Ground = Faster & Better TG window :thumbup [/B]

that equation works for everything from tailgate windows to your motor....my ground going from the bat to the frame then to the block is 2 or 0 gauge and the same for positive....its almost an inch thick and real fine wire. My dad works for the County road commision so he brings home brand new welding cables so pretty much every vehicle at our house has these type of cables :beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe :D
I think I'm doign the same for the Bronco Driver project truck "Orange Crush"
What needs to be done to your truck?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Nothing needs to be done, its all fairly solid, I would just like it done fresh and neat. Peace of mind you know. The only malfunction I am having is the tailgate (first the key would not operate the window, now the window wont move at all) and my tach.

Oh, and of course EFI would be nice. I would like to adapt a newer efi onto my older engine (460), similar to DixieBronco. If i get bungs for the injectors welded into my intake, o2 sensor in the headers, and a adaptor plate for the throttle bodies, I can hook up the Ford harness (or an RJM) and computer will a little masaging, couldnt i? is there something I am missing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts