Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall whats happenin?well i'm gettin ready to do a 4X4 swap out on my 92 2WD F150.i was goin to strip sand and paint tha axles and lift (buying 6inch sky jacker used with both axles for 250) and then i thought why nopt rhino line it??sounded cool to me but would it hold up??just a thouht let me know what yall think!!

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
What specifically are you wanting to rhino line? The new axles and lift? If so, I'd say go for it!

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
It's a dumb idea. The rocks will peel that crap off like a banana. It's just not designed for that kind of heavy abrasion. Ask some of the guys who have bed lined their bumpers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What specifically are you wanting to rhino line? The new axles and lift? If so, I'd say go for it!

just tha axles and radius arm springs and shocks red with red boots..just just thought it would be i gotta check out how much $$ it will be.haha

It's a dumb idea. The rocks will peel that crap off like a banana. It's just not designed for that kind of heavy abrasion. Ask some of the guys who have bed lined their bumpers.

well this aint gone be a rock crawl truck just a truck that can do what ever i need it to do when i want it to..i have a 84 bronco thats my tral truck (SAS d44 NP435 with 39.5 TSL and locked up 9"back)..:goodfinge LOL ONE BAD BRONCO

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just did most of the undercarraige with the Spray on type, made by Duplicolor....seems to be holding up ok, but only been a few weeks...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'd do it with that DupliColor truck bed liner stuff if you wanted to do it. Get the stuff you put on with a roller, not the spray since it seems to dry a lot harder and you can put a real nice texture on it. If you want it smooth you roll it on and leave it. If you want it textured let it get tacky and roll it again. The more texture you want the longer you let it tack up.

I think doing that would make everything look like its caked with grease. If it were me I'd paint it and call it done.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Whats too expensive, the roll on stuff? It ain't bad. If I remember right its like $40 for a gallon of the stuff. The end result is far better so it would be worth it to me. In fact I'd bet a gallon worth of spray on would cost more then the roll on.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Whats too expensive, the roll on stuff? It ain't bad. If I remember right its like $40 for a gallon of the stuff. The end result is far better so it would be worth it to me. In fact I'd bet a gallon worth of spray on would cost more then the roll on.
My bad. I was still on the "anti-rhino lining" kick...:doh0715:

386 Posts
Herculine whatever it is that you want to do. Fvck the rhinoliner bull. Then go over it with rustoleum. Works like a charm. And no, rocks will not scrape it up. I've painted both sides of a LC with that stuff and nothing budges. Like cement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.