Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combo Ricer Arrester/Rear Step

Lifted? No or small rear bumper? Large gas tank mounted behind the rear axel? You need the new "Ricer Arrester" Keep those pesky ricers out of your gas tank. Doubles as a conveinient removable step. Get yours today from BigFoMoCo for only $99.99 Caution: remove when wheeling.

That's an 8" drop hitch into a 2" receiver and I bolted-on 3" channel. Bolted because it may again serve as a hitch. I've since cut off the excess length of that bolt. Painted with spray can bed coat. Great for getting in the back of the bronc and up to the roof rack. Makes me feel more secure in the event of getting rear ended (Gas tank skid/angle iron helps too!). I think I paid about $25 for that drop hitch that was made obsolete when I went to 37's. Link because img don't show.

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=91342

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Svwen! Honda rear ended my old 84. Hitch took out her grill, radiator, hood, and fan. Only scratches on the hitch! Much better than her slamming the gas tank!

·
Registered
313 Posts
blown...i like your bumpers and the square stock useage(correct me if i am wrong if it isnt square stock) in the well area and along the door/body belly...what was that made out of? and that rear setup,do i also see a fabbed skidplate with the ricer arrester? its a very nice n clean lookin truck by the way...

if you can, give me ideas on how to do a setup like yours for my 87 bronc...id appreciate it..

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i backed into my buddy corsica (i told him not to park there) and put my drop hitch right through his door. no damage to the b-ko

·
Registered
308 Posts
i backed into a taurus at the forrd dealer, put a hole the size of a post-it note in the bumper and a few dent in the hood. total 2 grand in damage... nothing to the bronk. i didn't have a hitch or ball on at the time, but the mount was the part that got hit.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a bolt up 2" receiver hitch that wrapped around the tank below the frame. Good protection but heavy and too low for me for best departure angle now that I'm wheeling more.
I did the ricer arrester because I had the spare 8" drop hitch and drove by an accident with ricer inserted under a chevy truck. It had penetrated to where the windshield met the bumper. It had jacked the rear truck tires about 6"s off of the ground! Nobody seriously hurt but had that been a bronc with our large rear tank. It could have gotten real interesting, real fast! (My tank was much more exposed than stock)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts