Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love rich dumb kids as of today. this kid at my school called me and asked if i could "work" on his truck. i told him that i barely know anything about engines so i'm not his best choice. well he said that it was just some cosmetic exterior stuff that needed to be "installed" and he'd pay me $50, this got my attention so i told him to bring it on over to my house. when he got to my house, all he wanted done was a grill insert and running boards. "50 dollars!, for that?!" i exclaimed. i guess he thought that i wanted more money or something for such a hard time consuming job :toothless ,so he upped it to $75. i told him that it would take a while and to come back in 3 hours. well i am now 75$ richer for about an hour of work and this kid's none the wiser. i told him that he could bring his truck over to my house anytime for "installations" :goodfinge i love rich dumb kids.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
HAHAHA, you shoulda asked when he was getting some clear corners and altezza rears so he could be cool like the rest of the guys, and told him that after he buys them you will install them for 75 bucks, that is what i would do

wes

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Well we cant know everything about everything. I know im really stupid when it comes to trucks still, but im learning.It probably would have been a nice thing to let him stay over and watch you put it in so he could be more knowledgable.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WES said:
HAHAHA, you shoulda asked when he was getting some clear corners and altezza rears so he could be cool like the rest of the guys, and told him that after he buys them you will install them for 75 bucks, that is what i would do

wes
yeah, his b-day is coming up so we'll see if he gets any new upgrades that i can install

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marauder said:
Well we cant know everything about everything. I know im really stupid when it comes to trucks still, but im learning.It probably would have been a nice thing to let him stay over and watch you put it in so he could be more knowledgable.
he doesn't care to know, he takes his car into the shop for oil changes!

·
Banned
470 Posts
Maybe he'll pay you $20 to hang fuzzy dice on his mirror when he gets some!

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Marauder said:

you miss the point Bro ... let Bronconate milk this kid ... if he even 'cared' about doing annything for himself he would have stayed in the first place

good for you man .. make some coin off this kid :thumbup

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Yup, those that want the look but couldn't even tell you what it does or how it works.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Well I guess I coudlnt tell from the first post what this guy is like :shrug but since he seems to be all about the looks and dosnt give a damn about how it all works then I say good buisness move :thumbup

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's how EVERY kid aroung here is. That's how I make a bunch of side cash. For Example-600 to put gears in a Jeep Wrangler-I've had two of them so far. 800 to put a 180 dollar alternator in too :) They have so much money it's sick

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
I wish there were kids like that where I live.

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
Marauder said:

:stupid
First off, not everyone knows how to work on their rig.
Just think how much a shop would have charged him.
You probally saved him money and he's laughin at you and
callin you a sap for doin it so cheap.

Secondly, I don't think it's wise to rip the kid off teach him nothing.
I don't see a problem with taking his money for your services, shit, I
charge my friends for work that I do on their rigs, but I would have kept
him around to teach him something.

Hopefully the kid gets some tools for his B-day.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bigdave said:
I wish there were kids like that where I live.
north Phoenix/snobsdale AZ = really rich people with no knowhow whatsoever. i actually made some cash around my neighborhood by taking down peoples x-mas lights. i don't know if they just wanted to give a kid in need of cash a little help, or are just super lazy. anyways, there are a lot of stupid people with more dollars than sense, taking advantage of them is what ur supposed to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts