Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger front turn signal will not flash bright when headlights are on. It is flashing just very dim barely enough to see. It works fine when headlights are off. I have a brand new socket and bulb, check cleaned and tightened all grounds and checked for bare wires. Fuses are all good too. Even added an additional ground. How do i fix it?

·
Banned
8,958 Posts
...check cleaned and tightened all grounds...
Obviously, you missed the one for that bulb. Follow its black wire through the harness and make sure it's not broken, or about to break. Clean the contacts inside the socket, and on the base of the bulb. Add a new black wire from that one directly to the battery's heavy black (-) wire where it attaches to the body so there's a continuous wire path from the bulb to the battery (-) post. Make sure all the ring terminals are clean on both sides.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put a brand new out of the box socket aswell as bulb i have checked the ground wire for damage And added a second wire as you have suggested and still the same results.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
sure sounds like it has lack of ground

a new socket doesn't mean it is a good socket

when the lights are turned on,is the indicator light on the dash glowing with blinker off?

have you tried a different bulb?

or maybe you have socket wired backwards?
I parking light really bright?

with socket in hand and blinker and headlights on,try touching a wire from battery negative to metal on side of bulb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the third new socket and bulb i have tried.
The indicator light is functioning correctly(i.e. It goes off when blinker is off and flashes when blinker is on)
Parking light is normal brightness (same as other side)
I havent tried a ground from negative battery terminal to bulb yet. Ill give that a shot next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts