Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know if stock or aftermarket 89 Ramcharger wheels would fit on my 86 bronco? From the research I have done it looks like it but I have also seen some stuff that would suggest that the hub bore is too small and the lug pattern is 5x4.5. Also from what i have read the stock backspacing is the same as our broncos. TIA

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
644 Posts
The bolt pattern is the same. I would offer one up to the front hub to check hub bore. Or measure the wheel. Ford did use a large hub axle on these trucks from new.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There’s a recent thread of a guy putting Ramchcarger turbine wheels on his 2nd gen. But I don’t know if the 2nd gens run large diameter hubs like ‘80-up.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
A friend of mine had an 86 Ramcharger. One time when he needed an inspection sticker I was going to let him use my stock wheels and tires but my wheels wouldn't fit over his front hubs. The 86 Ramcharger wheels had a larger hub bore than my 92 Bronco wheels. The Ramcharger wheels would fit my Bronco but they wouldn't be hub-centric.

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bronco wheels aren't hub centric anyway are they? Sounding good, I have a buddy doing an 8 lug and diesel swap in his ramcharger so I'm thinking of buying his wheels

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Pretty sure the stock steel wheels I'm running are hub-centric.
I ran 15x10 aftermarket wheels for several years that weren't hub-centric. But they poked out too far and were sandblasting my paint so I swapped back to the stock steelies.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,450 Posts
the factory aluminum wheels are also hub centric. As well as have tapered seats for the nuts.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
Dont have to be hub-centric if using conical seat lug nuts. Buy em and clean em up!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely thinking about it, he's got a set of chrome 17s on his daily ram charger and the ones I really want are turbines off his parts rig

·
Registered
93 F-150
160 Posts
FWIW I remember my old man trying to fit one of the early Ford Aluminum wheels from his then friend's 93 F150, now mine, to his then 90 Power Ram half ton. The Ford wheel fit on the rear but not over the front Dodge hub so I would presume it would fit fine the other way around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts