Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a set of 36/12.5/16.5 for super cheap.
only problem is my 16.5 rims are trashed and EVERY company i call say they are out of stock on every 16.5" rim 8.25 wide. i have 16.5" x 10 rims but they are to wide for the tires and don't have the safety beed.
are there any options out there for 16.5" rims about 8.25 wide 8 lug?

any suggestions

·
Registered
858 Posts
16.5's are working their way out. If you do find some they are going to be pretty proud of them. On tryin to find some have you tried all of your local tire companies, maybe the local classifieds. I think that you got the tires for a good deal for a reason, they are the pain in the ass when it comes to looking for wheels. I personally hate the idea of a 16.5, they are just that inbetween size that nobody carries anything for. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can run a 16.5x10 rim. The tire will just appear shorter and wider than if it were on an 8"
my problem is they don't have the safety bead. so they are almost impossible to mount and one side wall hit and ill be stuck in the middle of the woods with a dismounted tire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
16.5 rims are bad news. you will pop beads with any type of modeate wheeling.
WRONG.

only if you dont have a safety bead wich cheap aftermarket rims dont have.

problem solved tho. i found a set on summit for 230 shipped with the safety bead steel rim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts