Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided as long as im going to do a Truetrack in my 8.8 I might as well go rebuild the whole thing... Richmond gear mega series install kit no. RMG-831043m is the complete kit but it says that it is for 28 spline axles- Don't 1990 big bronco's have 31 spline axles ? Im looking on Summit racing's website and that is the info given, Help----

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Truck 8.8's were 31 spline.

Search.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did search, thats how I knew that there is a difference. Any info on what rearend set-up kit to order ?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My advice would be to put a call in to Drivetrain Direct.(888) 584-4327
Tell them what youre looking for and see what kind of deal they can give you. I'll bet they beat Summit.

....and no, I dont work for them nor am I linked in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and a thank you too, im currently doing a SEARCH to see what aftermarket axles are any good, and if the "axle repair bearings" are any good, i dont trust the way they look-

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I'd call Randy's first for an install kit. I've seen Richmond's, it's a joke. It's missing some critical pieces and many of the rest are crap. (Like a pinion nut that won't crush hard enough and junk seals.) I've never had a problem with Randy's.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Axle repair bearings work fine, and have wider rollers then stock bearings. I'd use them even if I didn't have a damaged axle shaft.

The only trick to them is to make sure you clean up the area where the new seal will ride, or else it'll tear it up fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts