Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was planing to swap in a Dana 44 from a 78-79 bronco and was wondering what size ring and pinions it has and if it will match up with my 96 Ford 8.8 inch rear end? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
You need to re-write your question. Youd don't say what your current ratio is but it is likely 3.55. Also, you don't state what the D44 from the 78/79 is either and it is likely 3.50. But, it could be 4.1 or something close to a 3.07 or 3.08.

Go to the Tech forum and look at the stickies, especially the first one. You need to do a lot of research if you are planning a SAS if you don't know gearing basics yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i was wondering what are the stock ring and pinion fro the d44 and the 8.8 so i can replace them with ones close together if they are pretty far apart. Also for my 36 inch tires

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
id go into the SAS forum and search- im sure they have some info on stock gear ratios...
ace

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
THE_REAL_ RAINER said:
Well i was wondering what are the stock ring and pinion fro the d44 and the 8.8 so i can replace them with ones close together if they are pretty far apart. Also for my 36 inch tires
Then give us the axle code . . .

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
LOOK AT YOUR TAG on the DIFF Are you ready to take on the task of an SAS your not playing with an erector set. From the looks of all your posts you may need to do ALOT of research before you just jump into this. IMO

You can use your existing but most people change both out unless you are a cheap ass like me. Im rebuilding a 9" so Im putting in stock gears till I put the 9" in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts