Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't come up with anything on FSB, so I thought I would post this item. This really isn't a review because I haven't used it long enough to know anything, but I've done a little research and this stuff has a huge following from people like us with aging coolant systems. It's bright yellow but soon as it touches metal it turns green, and it seams thinner than water. My cooling system is shot so I said what the heck, just trying to get enough out of it until the time I change my engine. Anybody else try this stuff, opinions? RMI-25 is the stuff

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been using this stuff for a while now and have some results for those interested. These pictures are just of my overflow tank, my whole cooling system has this snot or slime all over it. I've been doing some research and have found out that nearly all Anti freezes sold are the new "long life" anti freezes or Dex Clones. They have the same stuff as Dex Cool in them and this is typical Dex Cool damage. Anyhow, nothing could get this slime from dislodging from whatever it was stuck too, except this RMI25 stuff. I have done NUMEROUS back flushes and have added fresh coolant twice. I have also done prestone flushes that you have to do quick, and no results. Most people would have thought that their system would have been clean from that. Wrong answer, if you want to see if your system is clean or not try this RMI25. RMI25 is an additive not a flush, but it acts like a flush by cleaning your system.

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmm, dont mix antifreeze. buy the generic brand. royal purple makes some stuff called purple ice which really works, 12 bucks for a little bottle but thats all you need. also some stuff in a can that says COOLS LIKE ICE or something which ive had good experience with also.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually one more post to clean things up. RMI25 is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. A dude over on BITOG pointed out this is normal and I am even more impressed with this stuff.

"RMI-25 restores the additive package to your antifreeze. RMI-25 is a liquid consisting of a pH Stabilizer for acid/alkaline balance, an Oxygen Scavenger to prevent cavitation, erosion and cylinder pitting. A Lubricant for seals, hoses and water pumps. A Cleaner that breaks down rust, scale and corrosive deposits. These deposits are changed from solids to a soft floating harmless gel-like material. These dissolved solids will not recombine or form blockages in the cooling system. After a period of time the dissolved solids will purge out of the system and into the coolant recovery tank."
http://www.technilube.com/products/rmi25.htm

Brock, I bought this old Bronc and the guy had Dex in there, I had to change. He wasn't sure what it was but he said it smelled "sweeter" than his old coolant. I couldn't tell for sure because the first flush was brown, lol. But it was DEX, I'm pretty sure on that. The problem is that the system had so much gunk I could flush it perfectly no matter how hard I tried. I put a backflush vavle on and flushed a few times for over ten minutes before adding new coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts