Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to 4x4 shop tomorrow to have the mechanic, who is very well respected in 4x4's, try to diagnose my problem (transfer case/rearend.) I just want to put out there that when I let off the gas, and the roaring gets worse, my rpms drop with the sound of the roaring getting louder. Anyone want to put their 2 cents before I go???

Bob Labob

·
Registered
62 Posts
u-joints... that is my 2 cents...

Test this buy pushing down on the e-brake, put it in drive and then reverse and if there is a clunking noise most likely joints... But a bad u-joint will also vibrate at high speed when you let off the gas...

So if you have no issues when applying the gas and only have issues when costing or just get off the gas... Then I say u-joint...

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
crown and or pinion

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is going to seem silly, but why do you guys call it an E-Brake? Isn't it a parking brake? Anyhow, if it is my rearend, is it best to just replace whatever is wrong in it, or start looking in junkyards. FYI. 3 weeks ago I pulled the rearend cover and it wasnt to bad looking. Not alot of metal at all. Just some mush on the drain plug magnet.

Bob Labob

·
Registered
605 Posts
this is going to seem silly, but why do you guys call it an E-Brake? Isn't it a parking brake?
Doesn't matter to me what it's called but I know since it is cable controlled I could use it to stop in an emergency if for some reason my hydraulic brake system went out...and I can also use it for parking on steep hills if needed

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
this is going to seem silly, but why do you guys call it an E-Brake? Isn't it a parking brake? Anyhow, if it is my rearend, is it best to just replace whatever is wrong in it, or start looking in junkyards. FYI. 3 weeks ago I pulled the rearend cover and it wasnt to bad looking. Not alot of metal at all. Just some mush on the drain plug magnet.

Bob Labob
How much do you like your truck? Not so much? Junkard. A lot? Get some parts and have someone rebuild your rear diff.

Where do you get the parts? Me. :beer

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts

Bob Labob
there shouldnt really be any metal shavings in there, that makes me think the pinion. Does it buck or vibrate at all?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Did you remember to top up the fluid after checking it?
Hyul hyuk hyuk...
...seriously.... did you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm, Roaring noise coming from the rear. Very simple to fix, rollup the back window and turn up the stereo.:thumbup

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.