Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well due to the storms around here on friday night...we really didnt get to do any work to the trucks till sunday..we finally got around to it in the late afternoon. Ground was still pretty damn wet so i didnt feel like rolling around in the grass and mud to work on gears. suppose to be nice saturday so we will work on the rear then, so instead i worked on the rock lights. when it is on the ground again ill run the wires right and finish my mount for the switches since i got the sheet metal yesterday for it. (going in radio location)

got the two center lights mounted up

and the test

front view

pass side

drivers...slight problem with the middle and rear, figure its a bad splice somewhere. when it is on the ground and we can crawl around inside we will figure it out.

Chris and RJ taping up the 84 on sunday

Chris has mondays off and today was a perfect day so he painted it today...shocked the hell out of me when i pulled in after work....after seeing it with the leaves since he bought it...just looked weird to me.

flat black

Chris had some paint mixed up at Orielly's and used a sprayer and compressor to do his instead of the rattle can like i did.

after we get my gears done, we will begin the lift on the 84. Should have it done in a couple weeks if all goes planned with the gears. Im off the saturday before easter but the next one i gotta work so it will take a bit more time. We figured it up, in 16 weekends we have RITS in N.C. so that gives us 15 weekends to get them to where we want. Just hope we can get all done. The plan Dana and I have is to have a new welder in the end of May/beginning of June...nice Lincoln stick welder, so I am hoping to have at least mine caged by RITS. Maybe we will both work on caging ours at the same time.

so thats the update of our progress on the builds going on.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I hope you plan to get a lot of practice before you try to weld a cage. Dave was blowing through my tubing with the lincoln. Its deffinatly tricky. I wouldnt rush it if you ask me. Ive been to uwharrie a few times and you dont need a cage unless you try kodak rock or whatever its called on rocky mountian pass. Even then not really.

Im glad your friend got rid of that leaf camo. It looked horrible.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
....I liked the leaf camo :cry

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hated the leaf pattern

yeah the grass....that is something we gotta work out with the land lord

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
That Bko turned out good.

Why didn't you go with the itty bitty LED's that light up just as much as those? Just curious.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i believe they are dawgs...not sure though.

i got the lights from jer...beerman, for a good price. thats why i didnt go with those leds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts