Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i run my exhaust out the side of the truck with out them being in the open. I have them running out the side behind the tires and i ripped the driver side off at spring creek offroad. Now im trying to put them in front of the tires. If any has some ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I ran mine as high as I could out the side to get it out of the weeds. Its probably 12" above the bottom of the body. I'll get a picture later.
Keep in mind this is on an F150, so you may not want to do this with a Bronco and the plastic on the inside there. I've got 215* at the hottest on the inside of the bed with my infared. That may not even be hot enoufgh to hurt any plastic there though. If its spaced a small ammount away from the steel and you put some heat shield or insulation there it may not be an issue.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Heres the picture

I did that about a year ago and its been fine so far. I was gonna make a bezel around it and cut the pipe off better and also put a hanger in there to center it in the hole but I havn't got around to it yet. Probably never will either.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Heres the picture

I did that about a year ago and its been fine so far. I was gonna make a bezel around it and cut the pipe off better and also put a hanger in there to center it in the hole but I havn't got around to it yet. Probably never will either.
Not bad. You have any other pics from under the truck? Did you have to cut into the inside of the bed and come up thru the bed?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Heres the picture

It is different.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
Have you ever had your picture taken with Dora, plaid shorts, and other guys?:shrug
i'm glad you are so concerned about my clothing style that you make a point about it.

get a life, i was helping the thread........you are not:goodfinge

if you really have a problem with me why dont you PM me and not make useless posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
some member on here bought a pre made piece with a template to cutout right in front of the fender like redwagon did. It was like an oval exhuast tip, chrome or stainless i think. Made it look REALLY professional.....can't remember who did it or where they got the special tip at....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Not bad. You have any other pics from under the truck? Did you have to cut into the inside of the bed and come up thru the bed?
The pipe goes up, not through the bed. I just cut the pipe off where it exits and welded on a piece directed down to shed water, and because it just don't look normal with it pointed upwards.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts