Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been slowly working on removing the rust from the body of my truck and now I'm onto the floor boards and rocker panels. I just wanted to check to make sure I'm ordering all of the right parts for the rocker panels.

Here is what my rocker/floor looks like after cutting out the worst areas:

Bronco Graveyard has two different options for the rockers, one is a slip over (Link) and the other is the actual rocker panel (Link).

Since the actual rocker panel looks like it does not have a lip for the door seal and I need a new corner door post anyway it looks like I would need both the slip over part and the actual rocker panel itself, am I right? Has anyone used any of these parts?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You will not want to "slip" over the setup. I would not do that because it has the potential to get too much crap in there and rust away just as fast. Cut them out and weld in the new parts.
I will be cutting out the current rocker panel since it is in pretty bad shape, but the replacement rocker looks like it is missing the ridge for the door seal. So I guess my question is if I install a new rocker panel could I just put the slip over piece over it to get the lip for the seal and a new corner door post, or does the replacement rocker panel come with the seal ridge?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That would really be a question for the vendor. I would have them check because I believe you are looking at the inner piece that does not wrap around under the vehicle (which looks like you need that too). Check with a company that has an exploded view of the sill and see what they offer. JCWhitney has that sort of thing.

Chris

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I will probably have to give Bronco Graveyard a call. I was just interested to see if anyone had experience with those parts.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That lip is just a piece of angle spot welded on. If you look at my thread here and less than 1/2 way down you'll see how I fixed it with angle iron.

http://www.4x4preservation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360
Cool that helps a lot. That angle piece was completely gone on both sides of the truck so I wasn't sure what the deal was with it. So it looks like I won't need the slip over piece, I'll just pick up some angle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i am getting ready to start this exact thing myself. i found lmctruck to have all the parts i needed. even the outer floor pan and inner rocker. i am also going to paint all the new metal and joints with por15 paint. keep us posted. j

1 - 9 of 9 Posts