Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would a used but apparently complete (spindle to spindle) rockwell rear axle go for? I may have found one sitting around behind the shop I work at, and was wondering what it would sell for. This is either a 2 1/2 ton rockwell, or possibly an axle out of a big box van or flat bed truck, it's a massive unit. I might be able to get a picture of it tomorrow.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
i've seen complete sets of front and rear steer axles down here go for 1500-2000. most need rebuilds, but still not too bad a price

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's just a single rear axle. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I've heard one case of a guy getting them for 500 for the steer/rear axles. 800-1000 is still good. Yeah, it seems that getting Rock's seems to almost be cheaper then a good front/rear 1-ton setup. Crazy, eh? People are just too damn crazy about Dana60 fronts.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Saurian said:
I've heard one case of a guy getting them for 500 for the steer/rear axles. 800-1000 is still good. Yeah, it seems that getting Rock's seems to almost be cheaper then a good front/rear 1-ton setup. Crazy, eh? People are just too damn crazy about Dana60 fronts.
Not exactly.

D60 fronts are still a simple swap since they were under 1ton fords so the frame, body, etc. is a pretty easy match. Rockwell and even unimog not the same. and although parts for a D60 are more than D44, parts for a Rockwell aren't going to be cheap, and again you'll need to find yourself a source....not like you can hop on over to autozone and pick up your part.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
prob with rockwells are they take some modification to make them legal in some states. Like the pinion brake has to go for one...... D60's are just easy to do for most of the pop

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Does nobody see the "almost cheaper" part.

Either way, ask Ox to post up his cost completed and then I think it was him that calculated what it would cost to build D60 comparable. Made it look not so bad. But, to each their own. Eh...time to go to bed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts