Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The final piece of the puzzle...

The toggle clamps can get pretty hard to open if the weight shifts the swingouts slightly, and my wife sometimes has a hard time with them. I have been carrying a piece of aluminum tubing to use as a 'cheater bar' on the toggle clamps for this purpose.

I wanted to make it more accessible, so I added a set of clips to the top bar behind the fuel cans to hold the tubing, so it can be reached without opening the rear window. I also shortened it about 8" after taking the pics.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The final piece of the puzzle...

The toggle clamps can get pretty hard to open if the weight shifts the swingouts slightly, and my wife sometimes has a hard time with them. I have been carrying a piece of aluminum tubing to use as a 'cheater bar' on the toggle clamps for this purpose.

I wanted to make it more accessible, so I added a set of clips to the top bar behind the fuel cans to hold the tubing, so it can be reached without opening the rear window. I also shortened it about 8" after taking the pics.

What a genius design, will probably do something similar but with the spare tire a tad bit closer to the tailgate. How much do you think it cost you in total material wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thanks!

How much do you think it cost you in total material wise?
Back on page 2, I posted this:

I added up the receipts today, and ended up at ~$475 including steel, parts and consumables. Less than I originally expected.
I probably spent another $30 on materials for the fuel can carrier (doesn't include the cans!). Steel has gone up quite a bit since I built the majority of the bumper, so I would expect to pay more for the materials today.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts