Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roll bar is easy to built if you have a tube bender and know how to weld. The roll bar can be stronger, it depends the use. Mine is for hold the bikini top and eventually the soft top. I don't like the hardware normally use with the soft top, I prefer something easy than nice looking. For safety I'll be building an exo cage.

The top is very easy to do, I bought the convertible roof material $32 a piece 6' x 6'. I use my wife's sewing machine. I takes about an hour of sewing. I have more pictures of the build off, I'll post it later.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
awesome, thats exactly what i've had in mind to do with mine in the future and I've wondered how it would look.....that turned out looking great man.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you buy the material?
Is a upholstery store, American Plastics & Fabrics near where I live, I believe are these guys (www.americanplastics.com) but not sure, cause I went to the store didn't get it in the internet. Everything is so cheap and good quality, I spend like $40 to complete the top.

i really like the looks of this thing. how did you do the snaps in the front? right onto the body?
Yes, I snap it in to the body, but there're better ideas if you concern about how it looks. I did it in a hurry, to go wheeling next day with few friends.

awesome, thats exactly what i've had in mind to do with mine in the future and I've wondered how it would look.....that turned out looking great man.
Thanks, is easy to do, with more time and more pacience you'll get better results, mine is ok for my purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts