Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a rather unique situation unfolding right now. Long story short my ex decided to call CPS as a stunt to attempt to get custody back while everything is in compliance the social worker is all worked up over my bronco having a soft top, no roll bar, and only lap belts in the back. While legally nothing they can do since sans the soft top it's all factory equipment I want to nip this in the bud now rather than risk another confrontation.

I'm looking to find a roll bar I can install under the top as well as attach the 3 point belts from a newer 92-96 model to similar to how the Wranglers did. That will solve the whole securment and safety issue, local shop wants $2300 to fab one from scratch, before I pull the trigger on that I wanted to check if anyone knows of any pre-fab or unwelded kits that could be gotten cheaper then I can do the minor things myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,914 Posts
Yo w,
Shoulder Belt Addition to pre-92; "...
Using 92-96 bets;
You'd have to drill & weld in 2 more hard points to mount each belt: 1 for each reel on each wheelwell, & 1 for each end on each side of the rear seat.
Swap in a '92-96 rear seat, or at least '92-96 buckles.
Doing it with a roll bar wouldn't be much easier, even though you could use ANY roll bar & just have some nuts welded in to recieve the shoulder bolts. You'd still have to come up with a belt system that you'd trust with your life (or your family's). I'd stick with using factory parts because you KNOW they meet DOT specs for rollover safety..."
By Steve

Roll bars @:
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Roll-Bars/products/204/

1978-1996 Ford Bronco - 6 Point Roll Cage #BR12
See top less pics

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
https://www.hollanderparts.com
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
Can select certain parts. I searched for 1990 Ford Bronco Interior Seat, Rear Alternate Seat, Rear
One result in KY;
Masterson A/P & Salvage no pic, tan cloth
Stock #100540
P.O. Box 372 Irvington, KY 40146
270-547-2778

Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles

or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
I searched for 1988 - 1991 Ford Bronco (Full Size) Seat, Rear Non-Interchange search for years: 1988-1991

Seat, Rear no pic
Ford Bronco TAN,CLO,BEN,EDDIE BAUER part grade C 170380 $85 Masterson Auto Parts USA-KY(Irvington) Request_Quote 1-800-405-0963 / 1-270-547-2778 Request_Insurance_Quote
Live Chat
Seat, Rear no pic
Ford Bronco XLT,BLU,Bucket,Cloth,2 DR part grade A 100540 $65 Masterson Auto Parts USA-KY(Irvington) Request_Quote 1-800-405-0963 / 1-270-547-2778 Request_Insurance_Quote
Live Chat
See more in Indiana, etc
OR ask Ask for seat belts, if needed

http://row52.com/Search
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,503 Posts
Where in kentucky are you located? There is a shop just south of Indy that will likely be able to make what you want very reasonably. Circle S Industries.
The JBG ones are decent pieces as well. I have one waiting for me to install in my 92.
2300 is a bit steep, I think. Unless it was tied into the frame and also had bars going to the front. And also was powder coated. I think you should be able to get this done for around $1000 in total

·
Registered
244 Posts
@wolfpack91 I got mine from All4FunOffroad All 4 Fun OffRoad I am in Atlanta and yes, I had it shipped fully assembled all the way from OR to my powdercoater with no problems at all. It was a perfect fit and I have my OEM rear shoulder belts installed. My two daughters ride in the back a lot, so that is why I went with what I did.

For my 1993 soft top Bronco I got the 1978-1996 Ford Bronco - 6 Point Roll Cage #BR12 setup. Bob took great care and was very helpful (541) 928-8600. The cage doesn't interfere with the soft or hard top.

I had other places, including some of the ones mentioned in previous replies, refuse to install the upper belt mounting bungs. Anyway, the cost of the cage fully welded was $755 + shipping and it cost me about $200 to get powdercoated. In all I was in for about $1250 including grade 8 hardware for mounting that I got via Bolt Depot online www.boltdepot.com

Freight direct to my powdercoater (I chose not to paint myself) was $255 and would have added another $75 to a residential address.

I'd HIGHLY recommend going this route. If you chose to alter the design, Bob can pretty much do what you want.

Also, if you wan to chat about this more, PM me and I'd be glad to give you a call. I have all of my notes and have a lot of pictures, but no thread on here (yet)... Anyway, don't hesitate to PM me if you want. Explaining in full detail might be easier than on here.

PS - All4FunOffroad also offers the same package(s) in either "Cage Kit" or "Tack and Fit" options for less money, but to have it all done perfectly even before the powdercoaters got their hands on it was well worth it to me. The quality on mine is perfect and I'm anal retentive as hell AND obviously my two daughters are very important!

-Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who responded. Meant to respond sooner but I haven't had much time recently. Looking at some of those pictures gave me a few ideas, also thanks for the references for fab shops I'm gonna start looking into them, I figured what my local shop quoted was a bit on the high side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts
your ex still going to find something to call about. nothing illegal if cps hassled you I would def talk to there boss before id spend money for that for no reason. this coming from a ksp employee married to a cps worker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts