Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can an 86 be modified to have standard seat belts in the rear (like in the front over the shoulder) by making a roll cage & putting sealt belt mounts on it, would that be the way to do it. we dont really have any newer bronco's than that so ive never seen inside say a 93 model that has standard seat belts in the rear. does anyone have pics or specs on a roll cage for a bronco.:whiteflag

·
ford freak
731 Posts
you could make it work, just make sure you run the bolts all the way through the tube. it wont pass inspection, but it would work in an accident. you also might want to check up on the shoulder mount location, if you have it to low, it will cause compression during a frontal crash.

As a side note, if the rollbar were to bend in a serious accident or flop, it could cause some harm to the occupant.

·
ford freak
731 Posts
if your grandmother can climb in the back of a bronco....well...

just drive safe and she should be fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just started working on this same project. I ordered the family roll cage from JBG and plan on welding a grade 8 nut into the top bars for the shoulder belts to attach to. My kids will be in booster seats for a few more years and I'm dying to take the top off again!

I do have a top from a 96 and shoulder belts attached to that. I did exactly what Steve83 said, used backer plates where the seat belts mounted to the fender wells with grade 8 bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts