Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
the bruise
1,400 Posts
I may be interested in a few months pm me a rough idea on a price
haha, Nates name should be Wormy, for all the worm welds he lays down!:goodfinge Naw, Nate can weld alright, for not being a welder, right Nate? (inside joke):thumbup

damn, I need to get a little set up going. I could make some money....

·
the bruise
1,400 Posts
whats your price and location?
its only about a seven or eight hour drive. you could send him a rough design for what you wanted, and he could have most of it layed out and tacked up. maybe i could come out, drink and few, and tell Nate he is welding like crap, and talk some sh*t!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no haven't found anything yet. been searching and and cant seem to find anything to fit a 94! would like to meet up with some of you guys ,have a few drinks and and put some money into FSB members pockets instead of paying some big company to build it!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
no haven't found anything yet. been searching and and cant seem to find anything to fit a 94! would like to meet up with some of you guys ,have a few drinks and and put some money into FSB members pockets instead of paying some big company to build it!
Did you try the 2 I listed??..

& the owner of the 1st one works for the owner of the 2nd shop also...LOL..

They are both real stand up guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been looking at the ones in JBG, I'm looking for rear seat protection, I've had zero luck finding someone around here to do one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got mine still in the Bronco that I'd remove. It's a 1-off custom I had fabbed back in 2002/03 sometime. I wanted a family cage. Rather than have the halos connected, I designed it with 2 single side rails front to back. Most impacts are sideways when wheeling. So triangulating the side rails together was a little easier with the interior layout. It is mounted to the frame in 6 locations and to the rear wheelwells. The frame locations extend out from the frame to the cage floor mounts. The floor is between the the mounts. Only problem, and if you go with a custom you'll want to design a solution if you can, is the footwell for the rear passengers is deeper than the rear floor. The down tubes will be secured to the floor/frame and if you need to remove the cage from the Bronco, you'll need to cut the down tubes to be able to pull it out.
Here are some pics.

Frame mounts

For mine to be removed, I'd have to cut the down tubes and then have bolt plates welded on to reinstall. That's not hard to get done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts