Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
huh
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what it looks like right this minute..

What would a good way to finish this off be.. Im thinking of a V but not sure what options i have as far as mounting it.. There will also be one on the front part of the cage. Any suggestions..

some ideas...

thanks ..

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Common sense and strength would rely on the top design. I exerts about even force on the forward and rear bars...But waht do i know?

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Woo Hoo! My brain worked...

Actually, looking at the bottom desgin its out of the question, If you were to roll, It would allow a good amount of body cave...Casuing possible injury....Correct?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
I sugest the bottom design.
If you put tube right above your head with the bottom 2 then your head will hurt or crack when you roll.

You want the 2 tube s next to each othe in the middle, then aim them outwards in the back. Goi with the bottom design or what ever it takes to keep tube away from your thinker :banghead

·
huh
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like the last one for that reason.. got the idea from Daves cage..

anyone else..??? pro's cons''

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I think the bottom one will give additional crush strength to the cab/cockpit with that extra tubing up there ... piece of mind if you need it Bro :thumbup

and that jeep ... what's going on with that :shrug

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
leaning towards the 3rd idea..

any one else have an opinion?
Yea I'm gonna do mine like the last one also. Me and my ol man was talking that over a few nights ago..and if the need ever arises you can make a simple mounting plate for accersories (C.B., light switches, place to hang a picture of Angelina Jole, etc.)
Watching your project has gotten me wanting to do mine right away, but I've got a few other thing's I gotta do first. Hopefully by the end of the month....:beer

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
The last one deff. Atari bars is what I have seen them called. Alot of places use them, they have to work. Nothing right above your head so you dont crack your noggin on the cage if you go bottoms up. i dont think it would cause more damage than the other two designs, because you have the outer bars too. plus Tuffy makes consoles that you can put up inbetween two bars like that. Or you could weld some plate up there, make an overhead console for switches or a cb.

so yeah, go with the last one.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Damager said:
make it 1" .... how about we make the cage out of rebar :goodfinge

:twak

I was thinking square tubes. :goodfinge

1 - 20 of 40 Posts