Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an idea of a roll cage that is an external roof rack, which does not stop me from taking the shell off or on the back of the truck. Has any one seen this done? My truck is a 90 bronco. I would like the best of both worlds and do not want it to look crappy. I was hoping to find some pics of other people that have done it, but i could not find any.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Im thinking it would have to be a full exo cage to have any stability because u wont have any triangulation like an internal roll cage behind the front seats. Would likely be a big job/pain in the nuts vs having a traditional internal cage and putting a basket onto the roof. That's the plan i want to get on this summer. Family internal cage and a roof rack on the roof

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont realy need a a basket more of a lumber rack. I would like to feel safe with my kids on the back with the shell off. (not that the shell is much protection. i dont want to give up space in side. i use it to haul hay and alfalfa and i cant rally afford to give up space inside. maybe if i had a rack the bolted on where the shell screws on but i would really like to have the rack/ cage to be permanent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts