Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this may be in all this information somewhere but i'm looking for drawings or company that sells a rollcage that will fit my 80 brco from front to rear and still be able to use my back seat comfortably for my 2 little girls. any help would be helpful . thank you

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey if you do find one please post where. i got 79 and like you drive my kids in it so extra protection would be great. i had thought about custom but costs is probably steep. i have rolled a 78 before and cab held ok but was slow roll. really want safer feeling

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as my kids going i take them with me everywhere i ride .they very much enjoy going but i don't ride trails rough enough to have to worry about a rollover why'll they are riding , i just would like the best possible protection for them no matter where we are riding.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ptrblt said:
as far as my kids going i take them with me everywhere i ride .they very much enjoy going but i don't ride trails rough enough to have to worry about a rollover why'll they are riding , i just would like the best possible protection for them no matter where we are riding.
I can understand that fully..

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
ptrblt said:
i know this may be in all this information somewhere but i'm looking for drawings or company that sells a rollcage that will fit my 80 brco from front to rear and still be able to use my back seat comfortably for my 2 little girls. any help would be helpful . thank you
Try searching some of the rollcage threads, you'll find several good custom designs like Jonski's with the full cage over the cargo area. Might take a look or check with S&W Racecars, too. I have their standard 10-point cage kit in my 84 Bronco, and they now offer a "family cage" addition to it. Something to build on or add to with extra tubing at least. (I purposely removed my rear bench seat and use the rear support braces, so I don't have to worry about riders in the back of me.) After working on the S&W kit and adding more tubing for the seat mounts, it looks fairly simple to make your own cage or have a shop build you a full cage set-up. Just remember that any cage must be tied to the frame or it's useless and potentially worse than no cage if you roll over. The Bronco sheetmetal floor is like paper if you try to weld stuff to it, and should not be used to mount any rollbar or cage to it for support. JSM84

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.