Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents does anyone out there know if someone or some company is selling roof racks like the one shown on FullSize of the Month October 2007 (The pic is displayed on the FSB home page) I was thinking about just getting one from an Xterra and modifying it. I would Appreciate any help. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had one custom made for my rig. See below. I'll get the specifics on it hopefully by the end of the day. One of the other gents here wants to know more about it.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Hey gents does anyone out there know if someone or some company is selling roof racks like the one shown on FullSize of the Month October 2007 (The pic is displayed on the FSB home page) I was thinking about just getting one from an Xterra and modifying it. I would Appreciate any help. Thanks Joe
the closest i can find to a mass produced one for the bronco is
http://www.garvin-industries.com/roof_wild_tracks.html
they have mounts for fiberglass truck caps and generic applications

i see ones range rover (or maybe land rover) racks on ebay that i think would be easier than the xterra rack to modify

also i found a custom one on ebay that looked really clean, cool, and stout,
edit: found the website of the guy i found on ebay http://www.blackoutaz.com/racks.htm

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gents, I promise I will get the specs for you.

One question I've heard, yes, it can and has held a fullsize spare and 20 gallons of gas and 1/2 elk and me. So, it and the roof has held about 750 lbs without a problem. The rack weighs about 100lbs by itself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm really thinking about doing a roof rack, but the idea of using a fiberglass top to support much wieght kinda worries me. Do your racks all just screw into the fiberglass? Anyone had any cracking problems or anything? I'm not worried about leaks or anything, thats what silicon was invented for :histerica

1 - 16 of 16 Posts