Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight can removable top hold ? I am trying to build a custom roof rack. 45x70 long enough for two 33's on top. If I make front of rack bolt to back of cab and back of rack bolt on corners of shell will I run into any probs?

·
Registered
391 Posts
shouldnt really. Maybe want to get a factory roof rack from a jy, and build on that. they distribute the weight better than just a couple legs bolted on the top.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
my rack held to 33's no problem

you can see it extends onto the top and clamps down again on the lip above the door

·
Registered
57 Posts
last year during the solar or luner eclipse me (175 lbs) my lady (110 lbs) and her friend (135 ish) laid on the roof (lengthwise) of my 88 and watched the whole thing and it didnt seem to mind. also, me and my buddy (200 ish) did some line dancing on the roof too lol. if that helps. im planning on maybe putting some braces on the inside of the top too, but havent done any research on if it would help

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jason how long is ur rack ?? You had two 33's up there ?? Also who makes it ....and do u have closer photo of how it connects to shell ??

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
I'd guess about 70"

if you notice the plate in the upper half of the rack, its a spare tire carrier device that has a thing that screws in to keep it from moving, the back one we just held down the ratchet straps

i'll get better pictures of it a bit later today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts