Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get rid of the leaky sunroof on my latest Bronco and would like to replace it with a new or donor panel. It's been a bear trying to find a new one as it seems they aren't made anymore. Is this true? Does anyone have any suggestions? I've done the standard internet search and looked at LMC, Classic Industries, and others. They have other panels and whatnot--just no roof parts. The restoration shops nearby say they can use a roof from a truck of similar years, but they would prefer one from a Bronco. It looks like they will do it the same way as Shane C. did 5 years ago in this thread: 78/79 Bronco and F Series Roof Comparison

Any suggestions for parts would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Someone posted in the junkyard thread a very nice 78-79 that rolled into the junkyard. Someone could cut you the roof off and ship it via greyhound if it's within their demsions and less than 100 lbs.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,069 Posts
I did just the very you are looking at. I used a standard cab roof, cut the old roof along the body line and just forward of the rear bump. I even welded, well, paid a guy, in the center reinforcement that was carved out for the lame glass sunroof. There's approx 1,600 little welds but it came out great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I've eliminated an aftermarket sunroof as well. Lots of work but worth the effort. I found a donor bronco with a decent roof and swapped just the outer skin and center brace. This was easier than cutting the pillars in the sense that it was less sensitive to fitment issues with the windshield and doors. Lots of time spent drilling out spot welds and dressing the perimeter of the panel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts