Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone! I have a BONE stock '92, it's the 5.8L. It's burgandy w/ a white top. I'm looking to lift it, wheels and tires, the whole shabang. This however, will be the first vehicle I have ever lifted. So I humble myself before the pro's out there in saying that I have no clue what I'm doing. So let me just tell you what I'm looking for and maybe ya'll could advise me. For what I'm gathering by pictures and such, I'm looking for a 4 - 6 inch suspension lift, and thats all I got after about a month of research(pathetic I know). This will be a vehicle that won't be Rock crawling or anything like that. I just want something simple, yet functional. I may hit a mud hole a handful of times a year, thats about it. And at the same time, I wanna know that when I do go through it, and it's deeper than I thought, I'm covered. I know this may sound confusing, but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance for your time!

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB, where in virginia are you??????/ i am in virginia beach, we have a pretty good p here and hang out alot. i would go 6" lift with 35" tires. but it depend's on what you are going to use the truck for. daily driver are you worried about gas mileage????? with 35's you may want to regear, you can go 4" with 33's and not really have to re gear. i would make sure it's running good and no little problem before going with a big project. post up some pic's

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,449 Posts
Welcome to FSB :beer. Thin blue line pretty much summed it up. If you go with the 4" lift steer clear of Rancho and get something you can swap to a 6" later down the road if you decide you want to. I speak from experience. The other thing you're gonna want to do is get some solid front and rear recovery points, incase one of them mud holes decides to suck you in. Invest in a good quality strap (no chains). And if it's not already done, change out the auto hubs for manual. I have no first hand experience with this as the po on mine did that for me. But I hear it's a good thing to do.

Oh and post pics. :thumbup

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Welcome to FSB - Post some pics when you can

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to FSB, where in virginia are you??????/ i am in virginia beach, we have a pretty good p here and hang out alot. i would go 6" lift with 35" tires. but it depend's on what you are going to use the truck for. daily driver are you worried about gas mileage????? with 35's you may want to regear, you can go 4" with 33's and not really have to re gear. i would make sure it's running good and no little problem before going with a big project. post up some pic's

Thanks for the feedback thin blue line! I'm located in South Boston Virginia. It's pretty much the center of the state(left to right) but about 5 miles out of NC. It's not going to be a daily driver for me after I do this lift, it'll be a weekend toy. So I'm not really worried about the gas mileage aspect of it. So if I decide to regear, which which would you recommend? Also what brand would you recommend? It's going to end up being just a recreational vehicle on the weekend. And what I mean by that is, it may just be all asphalt or it may be a mud hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to FSB :beer. Thin blue line pretty much summed it up. If you go with the 4" lift steer clear of Rancho and get something you can swap to a 6" later down the road if you decide you want to. I speak from experience. The other thing you're gonna want to do is get some solid front and rear recovery points, incase one of them mud holes decides to suck you in. Invest in a good quality strap (no chains). And if it's not already done, change out the auto hubs for manual. I have no first hand experience with this as the po on mine did that for me. But I hear it's a good thing to do.

Oh and post pics. :thumbup
Thanks for the heads up on the Rancho Hank. I will most deffinitly keep that in mind. My truck does already have the manual hubs, so I'm ol in that regard(Thankfully) What lift kit brand do you recommend? For a casual lift like I want that is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard Cam nice to have ya. I attached a link that should help on the info front for ya. Let us know where you are here in Dixie land. If close enough I think we can help ya out on the lift front.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83244&highlight=rock+sliders
Thanks man, I'm glad to be here. I appreciate the link, I checked it out and it is very helpful. Especially at the stage I'm at right now. And I'm in Southern Virginia. South Boston to be exact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts