Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 FSB with 6" RC coils in front and one single block in the rear (from RC 4" lift kit)

I originally installed a 4" RC lift but noticed the front end was way lower than the rear. That is why I installed RC 6" coils in the front and did not change the rear. Now my front is only slightly higher than the rear.
I now have a skyjacker add a leaf for the rear and wanted to get a different coil for the front. Does RC ride lower than other companies like BDS or Skyjacker? I don't want to install the add a leaf and have the front end look extremely low compared to the front. Which front coil should I install that will be pretty even, higher or lower, to the rear?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
How long have you had the front springs on there for? They will settle over time.
If it's only slightly higher I'd either ride it out or just make .5 inch blocks for the rear leafs, simple to do with 1/2" steel plate just have to drill a hole and weld a stub on the top of the plate so it will line up correctly in the existing block and your leaf springs. I wouldn't keep changing out my front springs

·
Registered
100 Posts
That was the same problem I had with 4" springs using a hefty shackle flip on the back. Switched to 6" springs and leveled out after a couple of months . I would just wait to see where it sits.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's a common issue for trucks and SUVs the whole thing of them being built to ride level while loaded or towing a trailer. Its a stupid idea now but back in the day people actually used to tow things with trucks and Broncos.. who'd'a thunk it huh?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front springs have been in there for a year now. I was thinking about doing skyjacker front coils with a skyjacker add a leaf and the current block I have installed.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Ok, I need help, I have a 4" rough country lift 96 bronco running 35's tires cutting it close I don't do much off roading other than the beach when I go fishing. I have 4:10 gears. Yes at this time I've had a few beers and it got me to looking and thinking which isn't always good but my rear is lower than my front end after a few years with the lift. What are my options, cash short? I've always liked the thought of have a 6" skyjacker lift installed. Yeah probably wouldn't do it myself I fix crap but have't not cars or trucks in years or can I do something that brings up my rear a bit and the front as well sense 35's are awful close to my bumper and I know eventually it will cut in.
Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Flame if it helps me. Stuck between a hard rock and a tight dime at the time for awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts