Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to get the knuckle off my 95 bronco so I can do the ball joints, but before I can do that I need to remove the abs. I was told it was a 6mm 12 point bolt, so I threw one on, go to turn and bam it's rounded. Any idea how to get that off?

Also, is there anywhere I can get new knuckles/spindle? The whole area is filled with rust.

·
Banned
8,958 Posts
Any idea how to get that off?
Hammer on a 12-point 7/32" socket.
Also, is there anywhere I can get new knuckles/spindle?
Same as any other parts: parts stores, dealership, aftermarket suppliers, junkyards... But make sure you're getting the correct parts. There are SEVERAL variations in spindles & hubs.
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/728442
The whole area is filled with rust.
Why did you let that happen? :shrug

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just bought it 2 months ago. I didnt think the rust was all that bad but once I started pulling things apart I found out. The driver side brake caliper was so bad it nearly fell apart coming off. The rotor had deep grooves. Suspension is shot. Steering linkage was stock. I'm half temped to put it back together and sell it. The closest junk yard with broncos available are 1 1/2 hours away. What started as a daily driver is now a project.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agreeing with the smaller socket and a hammer. I have the same problem with mine. But good luck with them ball joints. If they are the oem ball joints, they will be a pain and a half. Make sure to soak them with some Pb Blaster. Good luck, did mine a month ago. Oh my god, that was a all day affair.

·
Banned
8,958 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts