Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 85 WITH A 302 I JUST GOT IT.AND I NOTICED A TREND,THAT IT WANTS TO RUN HOT ONLY WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS ARE ON.I CAN TURN THE LIGHTS OFF AND BACK ON AND IT WILL RESET THE TEMP GUAGE BACK TO NORMAL.ITS A WIERD THING MAYBE SOMEONE COULD HELP.

·
Registered
815 Posts
could be some sort of electrical issue like excessive draw causing the gauge to act funky. Perhaps the alternator or battery are going out? I'm not sure how that would affect the gauge like that, but I'm thinking it's got to do with power draw of some sort. Either that, or the temp sender is right next to the headlights...

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Yeah that sounds like an electrical issue with the sensor...

Try this..drive the truck, get to normal op. temp. And then turn on the headlights..does the guage turn? if so, turn off the headlights, does it go back to "normal"? If it does this within a resonable amount of time, lets say, 30-sec to a min, then you have an electrical problem. Try that test..

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
its a electrical problemo
Holy shit, how'd you come with that amazing technical response. You must be an auto mechanic. :shocked

Check all your grounds around your engine compartment. Steve83 has a diagram that has them all listed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.