Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a wildtrak over a year ago and still nothing. I have a low order # but getting very P.O,d with the lack of progress. I've heard all the excuses but no longer believing them. My dealer just got a limited 4dr hardtop so it's not like they cant find the components. Has any one gotten a wildtrak yet ? Losing faith in Ford. ( and quit sending me cheap swag, it's almost an insult)

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,149 Posts
Buy a Wrangler

• Wow
Reactions: BroncMom

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,149 Posts
I ordered a Ranger and am also getting the run around. I ordered a 2021 in August and got a build date of Nov 8, on Nov 12 the dealer called me and said Ford cancelled the order saying it was to late in the year to build a 2021 so my dealer changed the order for a 2022. So its been over a month and I haven't even got the VIN yet and no one can seem to give me an answer why. I'm currently looking for used low mileage F150.
The one your dealer has is probably an order that someone backed out of

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,603 Posts
I know of a few people who ordered new trucks over the past year and finally had them arrive in recent weeks, only to have the dealer offer to refund their deposit and give them $8k or so to pass. The dealers can sell it for another $10k on top of that incentive to someone else.

So, there's no telling how or why something came to be on the lot these days.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have been watching the feedback on the new Broncos. Yes …. Ford has dropped the ball on availability in 2021 ….. but is it such a bad thing for FORD?

It has created a feeling of exclusivity in the marketplace for Broncos. Since you have trouble getting your hands on one …. then they must be awesome. I see people flipping a brand new Bronco and cashing in up to 20,000 in profit!!

The car market can be hard to predict. So far I think Ford has profited from the delays .. and the Bronco is only increasing in demand.

The analogy I will use is the comparison to a Disney trip.

You book and plan that trip for months, you wait patently for the time to arrive, then spend countless hours waiting in line … and dropping waaaaay to much money on everything from parking to soft drinks...…… after all this … at the end of day..... very few people think they have been ripped off.

Perceived value is high … for both.

Very few people who finally get their hands on a Bronco ….. regret the purchase

You can get a 2 door base model, with a 5 speed stick, and the only REAL UPGRADE WORTH THE MONEY..... The 2.7 twin turbo.... for right at 38,000 … and that is not too bad.

You can keep the heated seats and heated steering wheel ….. and anyone who buys a new Bronco to sink it into a mud hole … has waaaay to much disposable income.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,263 Posts
A woman at my office got a 4dr softtop Sasquatch from a dealer a little south of JAX. I'm guessing they actually had it on the lot, who knows what they paid, but they have quite a bit of disposable income and her husband surprised her with it as a gift..she let me walk about it and check it out..For the $$, I wasn't overly impressed, the fit and finish doesn't seem great and you don't have all that much cargo space in the back..don't get me wrong, it's a cool rig and if someone were going to give me one I wouldn't say no, but it's not something I'd go out and plunk my $$ down for..

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,412 Posts
How can anyone get past those cheap azz plastic wheel flares on a 50k rig? I sure can't... Makes it look so cheap and under designed. Is that really the best you could come up with Ford? Jeep wasn't even that stupid...

·
Registered
'81 351w, 3+Od
37 Posts
I ordered a wildtrak over a year ago and still nothing. I have a low order # but getting very P.O,d with the lack of progress. I've heard all the excuses but no longer believing them. ( and quit sending me cheap swag, it's almost an insult)
Ford is done building 2021 model year.
Did you convert your order at the dealer to a 2022 MY ?

July 2020 reservation. January 2021 order. Converted to a 2022 MY in October of 2021 when Ford said no dice on a 2021 model.
I don't expect to get one. But you never know.

·
Registered
'81 351w, 3+Od
37 Posts
How can anyone get past those cheap azz plastic wheel flares on a 50k rig? I sure can't... Makes it look so cheap and under designed. Is that really the best you could come up with Ford? Jeep wasn't even that stupid...
Ford could have done MUCH better. I liked the idea of my '81 having a forty year younger brother. Now maybe a 41 year younger brother? Or 42?

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
Ford is done building 2021 model year.
Did you convert your order at the dealer to a 2022 MY ?

July 2020 reservation. January 2021 order. Converted to a 2022 MY in October of 2021 when Ford said no dice on a 2021 model.
I don't expect to get one. But you never know.
This is what happened to me with a Ranger. I ordered it in August, got the VIN and a build date of the week of Nov 8th, the 8th came and went without the truck moving into production so I called the dealer and they said Ford cancelled the order(without letting me know)so the dealer submitted an order for a 2022 model. So here it is over a month after the reorder with no communication from the dealer or Ford. I called Ford and they have no idea when the truck will be built so I got my deposit back and bought a Toyota Tacoma.
I image there is a lot of this going on with the Bronco's.

Reactions: jermil01

·
Registered
'81 351w, 3+Od
37 Posts
This is what happened to me with a Ranger. I ordered it in August, got the VIN and a build date of the week of Nov 8th, the 8th came and went without the truck moving into production so I called the dealer and they said Ford cancelled the order(without letting me know)so the dealer submitted an order for a 2022 model. So here it is over a month after the reorder with no communication from the dealer or Ford. I called Ford and they have no idea when the truck will be built so I got my deposit back and bought a Toyota Tacoma.
I image there is a lot of this going on with the Bronco's.
I'm certain dealerships are influencing who gets one, and who does not. I've never purchased from this dealer, and I know they would prefer to sell a Bronco to one of their longtime customers instead of someone off the street like me. The dealer can lower my priority code in the Ford order bank, and I can't do anything about it. The "order direct from Ford" model doesn't work within a dealership controlled system.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'm certain dealerships are influencing who gets one, and who does not. I've never purchased from this dealer, and I know they would prefer to sell a Bronco to one of their longtime customers instead of someone off the street like me. The dealer can lower my priority code in the Ford order bank, and I can't do anything about it. The "order direct from Ford" model doesn't work within a dealership controlled system.

It was a great idea …. but sadly the stealerships still have power. If you have an order from a little dealership … you are never going to get one. The bigger the dealership the higher priority your order will have.

It is just a matter a time before the stealerships go away...... like the travel agents of the old days.

Travel agents no longer add any value to your vacation purchases
Do dealerships really add any value to your new car purchases

If something doesn't add value then it needs to go away …. we are no longer obligated to pay … just because that is way it is always done in the past.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,263 Posts
Dealerships have some power, especially when it comes to a "new", hyped up, highly anticipated model (i.e. the Bronco), but the internet has changed the landscape, people have access to info they didn't before and that offers better bargaining ability..Heck, think about Carvana..It's be around for about 10 years and totally changed the way a lot people buy cars..

With regards to the similarities between a travel agent and a dealership, I'd have to disagree..Sure if you're taking a 3 day carnival cruise or maybe a week in the Carribean it's easy enough to do yourself, but for someone taking a two week cruise to Europe with multiple modes of travel and various hotel stays, or a month long cruise to Australia and New Zealand a travel agent is worth his or her gold..the average person isn't going to have the time to do all the research and that's really where the value is at and unlike a car dealer a travel agent isn't going to try to screw you because they want you to keep coming back and booking vacations with them..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
We ordered one for my wife's daily driver in October / November. We figured it wouldn't be here before Fall / Winter so we weren't in a hurry going in. It'll replace her '17 Mustang Convertible. No way I was ordering one before we could drive one.

Big Bend, 2.3 Auto. I test drove a BB 2.3 with the 3.73 gears and pushing 35s (dealer demo). It was impressed with the pickup of the 2.3 - that 10spd auto has a lot to do with that I'm sure. I did order 4.27 gears.

There are some shady dealers for sure - but not all. I now know of at least FIVE early orders / buyers who were offered money straight from the dealer to NOT pick up their Bronco. They could buy it - like agreed (all I talked to were at MSRP) if they wanted, but I know two of them got over $5K from the dealer NOT to take delivery.

A guy I know ended up getting a new F150 (and ordered another Bronco) at invoice - 4% then another $7K off that. His Bronco sold the same week for $15K markup.

Supply chain shortages on different / random and many times popular options didn't help. The hardtop QC problem SURE didn't help.

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
Dealerships have some power, especially when it comes to a "new", hyped up, highly anticipated model (i.e. the Bronco), but the internet has changed the landscape, people have access to info they didn't before and that offers better bargaining ability..Heck, think about Carvana..It's be around for about 10 years and totally changed the way a lot people buy cars..

With regards to the similarities between a travel agent and a dealership, I'd have to disagree..Sure if you're taking a 3 day carnival cruise or maybe a week in the Carribean it's easy enough to do yourself, but for someone taking a two week cruise to Europe with multiple modes of travel and various hotel stays, or a month long cruise to Australia and New Zealand a travel agent is worth his or her gold..the average person isn't going to have the time to do all the research and that's really where the value is at and unlike a car dealer a travel agent isn't going to try to screw you because they want you to keep coming back and booking vacations with them..
I bought my Tacoma from Carvana, best buying experience I ever had. I didn't get a great deal(paid blue book) but I also didn't get screwed, didn't have to spend 8 hours haggling, their loan rates are competitive, you get seven days to test drive and if there is any problems within 100 days/4k miles they fix it.
The only person I talked to was the delivery driver everything else was texts and emails.
I have limits on what I let technology do for me but dealing with a dealership isn't one of them

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
524 Posts

I realize it's just me... but for something as complex as those trips you mentioned, I've never trust a Travel Agent to do a good job... I'd end up doing more work double-checking them than I would just doing it on my own.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I can see where dealerships provide value for the manufacturer. They are an outside sales, marketing, and public relations firm all wrapped into one. They hard sell the public on upgrades they do not need, and perform warranty and recall repairs for the manufactures screw ups.

I would like to see a pull method of inventory control instead of a push method. Like how the roll out of the Bronco was implemented. Why are vehicles produced and pushed to the dealers to sell … should we just have the consumer go on-line and pick whatever they want … before the inventory is produced? This would eliminate waste throughout the supply chain and ensure the buyer gets exactly what he requests.

Cut the dealerships down by at least half. We still have tire kickers who want to haggle, and lease purchasers who like to trade in every few years... but for the rest of us .. we should be able to make an appointment and have a representative drive whatever we are looking to purchase directly to our house for a test drive .. that lasts a few days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts