Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the plenum gasket after a ton of fuel problems it seems to run fine with good throttle response while in park, but when i take it for a test drive it dies when i try to accelerate.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
Fuel pressure? When was the last time you changed the fuel and air filter? Same for plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just rebuilt the whole fuel system from sending unit to the fuel rail and the plugs and wires within the last 6K miles but the cap could use a cleaning. and the fuel pressure test is right at 43psi.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
43 psi with the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator? Seems high if the vacuum hose is attached.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope book calls for 35 to 45 key on and just a little less at idle. im about to take test drive after replacing the TPS and cleaned a ton of build up of the cap and rotor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think i found the problem, Intermediate high pressure fuel pump wiring or pump it died after running 75mph no problem came to a stop idled for 5 minuets then acted like it was chocking for fuel went to check the pressure and alot of air came out of the rail pulled the line from the rail and nothing came out wiggled the wires for the high pump and hit it once or twice and then fuel came out the line i out it back on and it fired right up and did not act up all the way home.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
I still think the idle fuel pressure should be significantly lower. Here is a writeup from Ford Fuel Injection: Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)

Here is a link to a previous post on the same subject: Fuel pressure

Reading your post again, for the fifth time, I would agree the fuel pressure at KOEO is in range. But the idle fuel pressure should be a lot lower based on the theory and info from other posts and my Ford service manual.

I see you have found a problem with the pump, I hope that fixes your fuel delivery issue. It would be prudent to check your fuel pressure again KOEO, engine running and then again with the engine running with the vacuum hose pulled off the FPR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it was for sure the sending unit not the pump i disconected the lines from the tank and turned it over no gas then took the sending unit apart the valve on the unit was stuck closed
thanks for the links

1 - 8 of 8 Posts