Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 fsb with 5.0 and auto tranny. I just replaced the O2 sensor on the exaust manifold. First are there any other O2 sensors on my fsb? Now to my next question, I left the truck running for about 20 minutes at idle and then when i got back in it and started driving it seemed to be missing until i got on it pretty good for about a block then it started running better again. The first thing i thought was it is runing rich and after idleing for that long it had sort of flooded itself. I was wondering what could be making it run rich besides O2 sensors and if anyone thinks it may be something besides it running rich please feel free to put in your 2 cents. Thanks guys

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Pull your codes, read your plugs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check my plugs tomorrow and i have been meaning to read codes just to be sure but my check engine light isnt on so i have been putting it off. I'll also try to squeeze in reading codes tomorrow too. And can anyone tell me how many O2 sensors i have. Thanks

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
2, one on each side of the engine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. If i only replaced one O2 sensor and the other is just starting to go out would that make my truck lag get worst gas milage also?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
if it were bad. i read the codes---you might have a bad fuel regulator causing the fuel issue. i able to get codes without the CEL coming on sometimes.......mike

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
95_bronco_limited said:
Thanks. If i only replaced one O2 sensor and the other is just starting to go out would that make my truck lag get worst gas milage also?

I've got a better idea, bust out your haynes, there's a test in there for O2 sensors, before you throw 50 bucks at another (AND BUY MOTORCRAFT ONES)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i only have the chilton but i will get a haynes. in the chilton it says that any attempt to test tthem would mess them up anyone know what im talking about

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Motorcraft HEGO sensors are made by Bosch. :D At least the 1993 factory original I pulled in February from my BKO had the Ford oval, the Ford part number, and the Bosch name and part number.

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate. Hate to see people waste money.

·
Registered
157 Posts
SigEpBlue said:
Motorcraft HEGO sensors are made by Bosch. :D At least the 1993 factory original I pulled in February from my BKO had the Ford oval, the Ford part number, and the Bosch name and part number.

well it could be a slew of things.. bad o2's yes ive replaced o2's and they new ones were shit..

do you have long tube headers?

egr is definately a possibility

coolant temp sensor if its bad it will tell the computer the wrong temp and it will tell the computer to use more gas and it will load up like u were talking about..

a leaky injector or bad o-ring it will tell the 02 sensor wrong info due to unburnt gases

start with the easiet stuff first thats usually what it is instead of something major..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
collinsperformance said:
if it were bad. i read the codes---you might have a bad fuel regulator causing the fuel issue. i able to get codes without the CEL coming on sometimes.......mike
I'd go with testing the FPR too. Pull the vacuum line of it and see if it smells of gas or gas comes out. If it does then it's time for a new one.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
SigEpBlue said:

o rly? Damn, and some guys here got me thinkin Motorcraft stuff was the only way to go for most stuff. I was hoping the Bosch hego was the reason my truck was running a little lean, and that replacing it with a motorcraft one would fix my situation, if the bosch hego didn't check out right.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok tried to read codes yesterday and everything happened like it was supposed to until it was time for the cel to start blinking and it didnt i tried it over and over again and still nothing so im guessing that my bulb for my cel is out so my cel could have been one all this time after all things just keep gettin better adn i checked my plugs and they looked perfect so im just not sure anymore

·
Registered
59 Posts
Doesn't your CEL come on when you first start the truck? In every car I have ever owned or driven most of the dash lights come on when you first start the car... the CEL has always been one... to my memory. Check to see if it does before you tear into the dash to replace the bulb/led.

Todd

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the only light that comes on when i turn on the key it my battery light and its on all the time and since i bought the truck we havent been able to get it to go off. i think i mgiht just need new battery cables though

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is there anything that i can unplug that should make th ecel come on without haveing to drive it too far for it to realize it

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is the second oops post today!

Yeah, I went and checked if my CEL comes on when I first start the engine and it doesn't... lots of other lights though... sorry!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts