Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What temp does everyone's 400 run around? And at what temp does it become damaging to the motor?

Reason I ask is mine hangs at about 190 but creeps up in the 205 range sometimes too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a fan shroud. It mostly stays at 190 but like in heavy traffic if I'm not moving it may go up some. And when I shut it off it will go up higher for a short time

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I don't think I'd want to let it run above 200* for too long. It could be an issue of needing to add/replace fluids. Or maybe it's time for a new waterpump of fan clutch. I used to work in Charlotte, and was in bumper to bumper traffic 2 hours every afternoon, and I would have issues like you...swapped out a few different waterpumps and finally landed on a FlowKooler waterpump...it supposedly increases low rpm/idle coolant flow. Since I swapped that WP on, I've had zero issues. But be prepared to shell out $90 plus shipping.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added a little fluid and its running smooth actually below 190. I think its leaking a bit after I shut her off. Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts