Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1980; 347 stroker; Holley Sniper EFI
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weedeater that uses 40:1 mixture and a chainsaw and lawnmower that uses a 50:1 mixture. I really dont want to have to keep two jerry cans with two different mixtures, can I just use the 40:1 in all of them or is it bad for the mower/chainsaw to run it rich?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,794 Posts
you can actually run it lean doing that. As there is less fuel per oil in the same mix (though that likely is not enough differance)

In my experience assuming you use a good quality 2 stroke oil, you should be fine either way.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I run 40 to one in everything 2 stroke, never had an issue. The only 2 stroke engine I've worn out was my weedeater I bought new in 07 and used commercially. It got a new short block this year.

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,273 Posts
I run 8oz. of oil per gallon in my race boats. The motors are water cooled, bored, stroked, ported and polished 30cc Zenoah's. I also run modified carbs that have been bored out to their limit with a thinned down carb shaft to let more air into the motor and an expansion chamber on the exhaust. I run mid grade gas and am currently running 8oz/gl of Redline synthetic racing oil in em. I have been up to 10oz of oil in some motors. These motors run up to 18,000 rpm, and they are wide open most of the time. What you might think is too much oil will suprize you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts