Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not Frilly.
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has owned the truck for years so he is also trying to diagnose i will post updates on anything he finds as well

the problem: after running for a while it starts to get hot runs towards the L on normal dosent run badly or anything it just wont stop heating up the waterpump is new so is the thermostat

this all started after i blew a headbolt and rebuilt the heads

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Check the "temp guage sending unit" and wire lead up front in the lower intake manifold, sometimes they give off false readings to the idiot dash guage...the brass style are the best.

Check at cold start if the coolant is "racing" like boiling water right away in the radiator neck or if there is a burnt smell then you 've got a cylinder head problem.

It wouldn't hurt to "backflush" the cooling system if you haven't done it a while, flushing out rusty sludge will help the engine run cooler AND check leaks anywhere, especially the freeze plugs which aren't always detectable..

Good Luck ~

·
Not Frilly.
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a backflush? theres no racing water and no burnt smell so i will check that wire thanks ill get back to you with what i find.

·
Not Frilly.
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a backflush kit, i havent done it yet but i had thought yesterday, i havent been driving it alot so it rarely does get hot, but yesterday i drove it about 30 minutes away around 12 so it was hot for sure outside and i got almost all the way were i was running around AL keeping one eye and then all the sudden it cools off, stay right around ORM and when i drove back it was at MA. i was wondering if this would comfirm that theres blockage in the system somewere. also it got hot and backed up into the overflow a little ways and sat there after the truck had cooled, drove it and then there was nothing in the overflow tank. i hope its just blockage. i do NOT wanna go wrenchin right after i put it back together lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts