Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did a search and no one has ever posted anything about Runva winches. I just got a 12 ,000lb one I'm gonna mount on C channel behind the bumper like several guys on here have done before. I'll post about my experiences with it.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Runva_website said:
Off-Roaders know: when stuck, you need a winch that works. That's why we bring you winches made by Runva Industries, the world's most reliable name in recovery winches and other off-road equipment.
Worlds most reliable? That must be why Ive never heard of em...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got thier 10,000# winch a couple of months ago. Used it a few times maybe a total of two hours runtime on it. Seems to work fine but this is my first winch nothing to compare to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Found it on E-bay $300 new. Company in Canada had I think a one time promotion I lucked out. list about $500 made in China by Runva.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
like one year ago or maybe a little more i read a little appointment in Bronco driver magazine, about this brand of winches but nothing important only the presentation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mine thru Sportsmans guide.com. 350 shipping included. They said on sale, usually 700. I found a post online some one sold a used on for 700. The motor in 7 hp, the gear ratio is 230:1 and the cable is 1/32 over 3/8. My warn 8074 doesn't have a remote and its gonna be 250 to get it right so since it was my birthday... Happy birthday to me from me. I can hopefully get 200 out of the warn. I'm gonna set up some practice runs and see how she does. That is when I can get some time not helpin with my 2 year old and 7 month old sons. The 100 degree weather isn't helpin either.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
"RunvaUSA is a subsidiary of Runva Zhejiang in China" Their website has 5 freekin' pages of winches !.... but I hear that Zhejiang is a bad neighborhood at night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you buy one of these consider it As Is. I mailed in my warranty card and it was returned undeliverable. I called and the guy answered the phone "This is dan" . I explained the card came back and he says "call back next week. We just moved our warehouse and I don't remember the address." I called back the next week because I'd mounted my winch and it didn't work. His reply... "ok...." I explained I'd put power directly to the motor and it worked so I just needed a new solenoid. It took two weeks of callin every few days but finally he sent me the solenoid for a 5000lb winch and a wireless remote for a 3000lb. That was for my patience. the 5000ld has a two unit solenoid where the 12,000 I have is one sealed unit. I explained the prob, he assured me it was what I needed but couldn't tell me where to put the colored wires to make it work. Then I noticed the wireless remote had a totally different plug with 4 wires where mine has only 3. (no the 4th is not a ground. it had a green wire for that) He offered to send a better model winch if I paid to ship mine back. This is not acceptable warranty practice but he said he didn't have my part so I just wanted a working winch and agreed. A week later no winch. Now 3 weeks and several calls later NO WINCH.

·
Registered
304 Posts
well this is kind of related. i'd never buy a chinese winch that i'd never heard of, but what are you guys opinions of milemarker winches? j.c. whitney sells them, they are in my backyard damn near, and i know folks that work there so i can get a 25% discount on them. they are a name brand, just not a big one. if you have any info on them, let me know what you think of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts