Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.englishrussia.com/?p=1766

New ambulance cars are planned to be used for service in the parts of Russian with the roads like this.

Russian Federal highway Moscow city - Yakutsk City, named “Lena”, nowadays.

The road doesn’t have asfalt surface, though it is a Federal, vital highway.

Everytime it rains the road gets paralized, these shots are made a few days before the traffic jam for 600 cars got stuck there. Hunger and lack of the fuel followed, according to the witnesses. One woman gave a born to a child right in the public bus she was riding.

Construction team afraids to appear on site because during their previous visit it was beaten by people who stuck in the jam for a few days. People breaking the locks on the trucks, in a search of food and warm cloths.

Fuel, food, firearms and steel tow-line are the things that are needed most these days on this Federal highway.

http://englishrussia.com/?p=315

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That would be fun if you had no intentions of actually making it to your destination

·
Registered
712 Posts

The big truck the girl in blue is standing on, this is a 6x6 Kraz, it takes A LOT of mud to get one of these stuck, no joke - darn thing is nearly unsoppable, just lock all the diffs and throw it low gears and it keeps moving! The only time I've managed to get one stuck was when crossing a muddy creek with well over 5 tons of stuff in the bed and the load shifted and slid me off the crossing. This particular road is a know nightmare tho, even the military guys and oil company crews hate it, and their equipment is usually plenty able to deal with stuff like that.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Pffft. That's nothing. I live in Michigan. Half of our roads look like that.

:goodfinge

Hey, it wouldn't be ALL bad getting stuck. Just remember to pack some extra food & fuel, you could pick yourself up some hot Russian babes. :hump

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i dont see any suspension on that thing. i wouldnt mind having one though

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i dont see any suspension on that thing. i wouldnt mind having one though
It looks like it has a break in the center of it that it allows it to twist a little.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
WTF, Germany built quality roads for their military inferstructure.
What did the Red army do with all that money, can't be just rail ways :shrug

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Red Army used the money to build ICBM carries that need no roads and can drive through forests knocking trees down if needed... which they happen to be very good at. It makes sense actually - there ain't that many cities up in those parts of Russia, if they pave a few highways and then use them to transport most of their military equipment first the roads won't last too long, and then in case of a war these same roads will be a primary target for the enemies. If you go machines that can go darn near anywhere and don't need any sort of road for that, you can drive your supply convoys through a whole lot more routes and so you'd be a whole lot less vulnerable to attacks. And in case of the Topol-M carriers, you really DON'T want to have any of those on the open road, anyone can hit it there and create a local Chernobyl, wheres the way those are normally used if you wanna take one out you first have to find it in the wilderness, then find a way to get to it out in the middle of nowhere, and hope it will actually stay there during all that time, (which it most likely won't, that's the whole point of it).

Oh yeah, and look at this pic!

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Man...I think the real problem is the government. They need to dig some deep...and I mean deep trenches and drainage "ways" along the sides of the road so the water has somewhere to drain. In the pictures you can see there isn't anywhere for the water to really go.

O well, thats russia for you. :rofl:

Still sucks for the other people.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts