Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,964 Posts
I hear you Sam, that’s why I closed down my family business of 67 years. There is no loyalty from customers and suppliers, and every time you find a way to make money, the government finds a way to take it away from you. I never thought I would say this, but I am so glad I have a state job. Keep in mind, this is only the second job I have had in the past 43 years.
I wish the best of luck to you and your family.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
Original owner: 1995 XLT 5.8L, 4wd shift on the floor, manual hubs
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The solvents I mentioned are purely for cleaning residuals off immediately before paint.

A power washer and degreaser (I like super clean and purple power) will do great for initial cleaning.

So I'll describe the P23 Benjamin Moore product. It is an alkyd low luster enamel designed for application directly to raw and/or rusty ferrous metals. It states not for aluminum or galvanized. Though it still sticks well. Flaking rust must be removed first. It is a rust inhibitor, and back in the days before political correctness, it was called retardo, because it retards rust.

It is an all in one product, meaning no secondary product has to be applied over it. Though two coats is preferred. I has a direct heat resistance of 250°F and intermittently higher. It is moderately self leveling. Drys tough as nails in a few days.

P24 is the semi gloss version.
P22 is an acceptable topcoat over the p23 if you want gloss.

We have all three being used by the local cellophane plant, inside and out. They hold up well to the extremely caustic environment. I can be used to paint machinery, trailers, equipment, structural steel, and even furniture.

They can all be sprayed, rolled, or brushed. All are available in over 3000 colors, and custom colors. However, the colors must be from the architectural spectrum, not automotive.

You will have to purchase it at a local dealer, as it's not sold by ACE hardware. I'd be happy to sell you some, but shipping oil based paint is extremely expensive, as its classified as HazMat.
Quick follow-up...what are the differences, besides gloss levels in the HP28/29 series and the P24 series?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Quick follow-up...what are the differences, besides gloss levels in the HP28/29 series and the P24 series?
HP's are water base
P's are oil base

Oil base is best for encapsulating rust.

·
Registered
Original owner: 1995 XLT 5.8L, 4wd shift on the floor, manual hubs
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
HP's are water base
P's are oil base

Oil base is best for encapsulating rust.
Best part, just found a LOCAL non big store that will order it for me when I'm ready! Small biz all the way.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Yeah thats the only place you'll find these products. ACE cant sell the industrial type products.

My family has been selling benjamin moore for 51 years now. Theres now like 15 other places to buy paint in our small city but we keep hanging on!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts