Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talkin to an old body work guy whos "specialty" was Bronco rust. He said to but the BIG tube of liquid nails and put the whole tube on the inner fender and stick the patch panel on it. Let it set for a while and then tac weld every inch or so. Then use the fiberglass body filler. He said he saw one the other day that the did a few years back and no rust! Sounds like a great solution to me. Just wanted to get some input on the idea before i ran with it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was talkin to an old body work guy whos "specialty" was Bronco rust. He said to but the BIG tube of liquid nails and put the whole tube on the inner fender and stick the patch panel on it. Let it set for a while and then tac weld every inch or so. Then use the fiberglass body filler. He said he saw one the other day that the did a few years back and no rust! Sounds like a great solution to me. Just wanted to get some input on the idea before i ran with it.
I never used liquid nail for except on wood.
The local body supply shops carry glue for body panels. I have not used it myself, but my cousin just used it on his old 442 olds. And that stuff works. A lot of body shops use it now. Unless you have a Mig, just flange the metal, and mig it!

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, that's about as half assed as it can get. I'm surprised he didn't just tell you to rivet in a stop sign. Do it the right way. Either buttweld with a mig, or use the body panel adhesive like Fusor or one of the others. Anytime you overlap metal though, you're going to have rust in between panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts