Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 95 red bronco has some rust on both fenders, the one side im not really worried about but the other side it is rusted almost all the way through, i got a price to fix it and they told me 800 to fix both fenders, good price?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was quoted over $1000 per fender. That was for patch panels/ welding/painting here in the Boston area. A little steep, but the owner took a lot of time with the estimate and I'd seen his work.Pretty solid. So $800 seems like a good place to start. I don't have $2k so I'll cut and treat the areas and cover w/ bushwacker thinline flares. Good luck! I know my rust is driving me nuts!!!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Fenders don't normally rust, at least not like the quarte panels. I would just go out and buy a couple of after market fenders and replace the rusted fenders for the new ones and since your paint looks good on the rest of the truck just get the paint shop to spray the fenders while they are off the truck.

·
Explorer driving
4,191 Posts
I was quoted 1600 bucks for just the patch panels and paint, with no guarantee. I'm gonna let mine rust to the ground for that price. Otherwise, in my town, nobody will do rust repair.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
How about doing it yourself. Cut the rust completely out and buy repair panels to replace the missing metal. You can get repair panels at numerous places. You can get a book on basic auto body repair at most book stores or from someplace like Amazon.com. It is esier than you might think.

Good luck,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts