Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am plaaning on begining the process to rebuild, and paint my D60 front. I can easily tell the the rotors are covered in rust. My plan was to remove the rust using the electrolytic method (See link below) and then paint them (To look purty) and have the turned. Any negative thoughts on this? http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94537

I am also think of doing the same on the hubs and spindles if needed, I am pretty sure it will be.

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have read the other way is much more efective, and less of an issue with clean-up. With the electrolysis I can just pressure wash, put them in the tank overnight, then pressure wash them again and I am all done. Plus there is less of a chance of removing good metal.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
I vote for the electric process. You may have to use a garbage can for the solution, but you may only be able to get half of the rearend in.

KC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.