Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done it? Im looking to do something like that. How are they running? Are they quick? I want to hear honest feedback on the Bronco II especially.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
83bronco5.0 said:
Who has done it? Im looking to do something like that. How are they running? Are they quick? I want to hear honest feedback on the Bronco II especially.
I swapped a 350 into a S-10 truck. I couldn't keep rear tires on that truck to save my life.

I will have to look around for some pictures that i have of it. I was never impressed with the S-10 to begin with, it was a single cab, small truck, and i am a big guy. It was also 2 wheel drive.

It was quick, if i could get traction. In the end i really don't think it was worth it, no one really wanted the truck when i went to sell it. I could of spent my time doing something better.

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Im lookig to go the semi-stock route. I have a 350 from a 92 Suburban available that is complete from injectors to oil pan. Id would really like to drop it into a S-series Blazer with 4x4. I know its basically just a drop in and I know the TBI 4.3 has the same harness as the 5.7 TBI, just needs a stronger fuel pump.

I know the Blazer is quick with the 350, I have yet to hear about the B2 with a 302.
Id just like to get some opinions.

·
Registered
145 Posts
you would need an oil pan i believe(not to sure on that) but conversion headers and motor mounts.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You would also need the ECM from the truck to run the 350 properly. I've known people to do the Blazer swap and it was an ass-haulin' machine. You could expect pretty much the same results from a Bronco II swap. The Bronco II swap may take a little more work, though. They were pretty stout with the 2.9, as they were. An easy swap would be a 4.0, but bang-for-the-buck, I would do the V-8.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Heard a V8 baby bronc last year in a parkin lot. Dude said it was a 460, but wouldn't let me look so I'm guessin a 302...

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
r there kits to fit the 302 into the broncoII/ranger, like there is for the blazer/s-10.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if your looking for info for rangers or Bronco II's check out www.therangerstation.com lots of info and good forum.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,122 Posts
don't go putting your choc-chevy in our ford-butter! :twak :goodfinge :wacko

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Theres a guy here from Georgia with a TB'd 5.0 and an AOD, body lift 2wd. Apparently he can do such sick burnouts that he got a guy in an 88 Gt t-5 with 3 grand in bolt ons (done by someone so not much lol) a little nervous, but he blew him away.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I have an 87 Bronco 2 with a 302 in it. The entire drivetrain came out of a 83 FSB. I have very little in my pockets so I fabbed damn near everything. I am also building a 93 Explorer with a 302 and the rest of the drivetrain out of a 77 F-150. It's my brothers truck but he bought the conversion motor mounts. Advanced Adapters makes the mounts. I believe they also make the headers for it too. You can get the parts from Summit Racing or Northern Auto Parts.

My brother and I test fit the engine with the conversion mounts and it fit perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts