Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In August I gave a concrete / mason guy $2000 for labor to do footers, foundation (crawl space) and a concrete slab, for an 11x22 addition on my house. He dug and poured the footers (I pd for concrete). That's it....no more work. Left his Bobcat in my backyard for a month, then left the site a mess. Long and short is in January I filed a small claim vs him in court. A week later he filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy :banghead. This week he was to appear at a creditors meeting....which he didnt. :banghead. He has made no attempt to contact me nor make good. Wacky part is he lives 1/2 mile up my road and has to pass by almost every day.

Today I was out shoveling (and snow blowing) the 20" of snow I got b/c of the blizzard. This SOB drives by in his big Ford p/u with his plow. (In the winter he plows snow). Funny that when he was losing his house in September he was the friendliest guy in the neighborhood. Think he'd stop eh?

Before you ask, I approached the local pd to see if they would charge him with theft, but to no avail. Needless to say, I'm annoyed. Like I cant use the money to dump into the Bronco. aarrrgh

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
YaY American midwest economy. :cry

So I take it the Bobcat ain't there anymore?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you still have the bobcat?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hey........I'll give you 2k for the Bobcat.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I agree, if you get to keep the bobcat, yay! 2k for a good/decent shape one would be a good deal. If you can, fight to keep the bobcat.

KC

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I agree, if you get to keep the bobcat, yay! 2k for a good/decent shape one would be a good deal. If you can, fight to keep the bobcat.

KC
:stupid X4

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish the Bobcat were still here. I'd have my rollback blocking it in until we had a deal. :smilie_slap

He left it here, I think b/c he was hiding it. One morning, I saw him driving behind my house with his trailer....seemed odd at the time. Later that day, I had one of my cars on the rollback away from my house. I think he thought I was out of town. He came while I was gone and got it. Later I learned from his uncle-in-law that he had sold the Bobcat. Gee, I wondered, how did he intend on finishing my job........

I also missed out on his laser level (crap) but I got his tripod and some other small pieces.

I can only hope he comes into Bankruptcy court and perjures himself. I guess my claim is a priority in line with the IRS....but who knows if either of us will get anything.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Good luck. I hope you get restitution.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
We deal with this at work all the time. You wouldn't believe how many dumb asses like him are running around. He knows exactly what he is doing, he doesn't care and isn't going to finish the job. He knows it will take you forever to go through the proper way of sueing him and that it will cost you even more money. He is just hoping you will suck up the loss and just let it go.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Since you know where he lives, why don't you and a few friends pay him a visit?

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agreee that this guy absolutely knew what he was doing. Took more than he needed.....did just enough work...then claims "hard times". Just another excuse to steal. He's already been to jail for assault. Police wont do anything b/c they dont think they can prove intent. I think it's bs., but I understand. I think it would have spoken volumes to him to have the police show up to interview him as a criminal case. I figured they would do me that favor.

I would like to take care of him myself, but I have learned that if I am patient, these kinds of guys eventually get "what comin'" Someone, somewhere will not appreciate his actions and will put a bullet in his brain. I'm a good shot, :red x but neither ($1500 or him either one) are worth jail. I'll let life kick his ass. However....if I get behind him while he's DUI ;)

We'll see how I do in Bankruptcy court.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts