Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it has been raining alot and i decided to go play in the bronco and see if we could help out some if needed. on our drive out i had to wade thru 6" of water to the bronco. we then drove around the block to see how our neighborhood was. we got a creek called dry creek and normally 1-2 feet wide and 3-10" deep, but this rain has over filled everything..

then a fsat turn around we found the house on the end of the street was even worse. the ladys new Jag and BMW were floating around the creek and sinking. we tried to get thier atention but they never came out till later.

a drive around the corner is a couple mobile home parks. water was 2-3' deep here. again no one would wake up or come out so we left.

the water was rising fast this is American River College.

it started to rain hard again and the water was rising moreit was up to the axles now most of the places. time to go the other way. lots of cars sitting in the lanes and we pushed some and pulled a few if asked.

we were heading down Auburn and heard a noise like a train then there was water everywhere and pushing us some. i was very happy to have the 40"s on i just wished we had the front gears in so we could put in 4X4.

with this wave water was 5' deep and moving fast.

the sun started to show and we saw ARC parking lot---no people and no cars so it was time to get stupid. water ranged from none to 6 feet deep. after 15 min we started to get a croud od security and on lookers. there is a video on the way (if she gets back to be and more splash pictures ) we only got one as the wife wanted back in to play in the water.

we decided to goto Sacramento river and see how it was.

This is the "I" street bridge

We went back to some of the other flooded places and the police blocked all the roads. It is starting to rain again and i added more tools and straps to the bronco. we will try and get more pictures....mike

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Holy shit that's a lot of water. Might wanna repack your wheel bearings tonight

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
We had the same sort of situation here, just the other day. Tho, not as severe as you seem to have gotten it. I did get a picture of a Buick that got stuck in a flooded intersection, and a part of the next town over got flooded

Kind of amazing that no one seemed interested in you trying to get their attention

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,585 Posts
collinsperformance said:
This is the "I" street bridge

Is this over near the railroad museum? Golden State RR Museum IIRC?

only been there once about 15 years ago but it looks alot like it.

:thumbup cool photos either way.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it is the train Museum is just past the delta king. and that too is way high. you used to be able to see over the top of it but the water has lifted it some.
from this dock you had to look down to see the boat and now it is right in the view.
'
mike

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
damn man iirc when i lived over off hunter lane, sac county was working on redoing the little bridge by arc. how bad was west sac flooded out

·
Registered
694 Posts
We need all that water here in OK. All I seem to hear about on the news anymore are wildfires.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Here in Oklahoma, at least where I am at, we have not had any rain of note since the last week of September. Dry as a friggin bone here...I quit watering my plants in my yard about two months ago...I'm not going to run up my water bill just for some plants when Mother Nature is not gonna help keep 'em alive. The drought here is getting pretty damn bad and there is no hope for any relief for the next several weeks according to the NOAA.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
has the old walking bridge over the american river been taken down yet. the bridge i am talking about is the one if you drive thru old town fair oaks.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
man, haven't seen anything on the news about that yet. hope everyone is ok. what they need to do is build a big aqueduct from california to oklahoma...

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Hey Tre, you might wanna start watering those plants again... Having some moist vegitation around will help if the fires come your way....

And that aquaduct sounds good to me Jackhart... We could sure use the extra...... Fog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts