Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to all to remember safety when doing repairs. We almost had a bad accident last night doing a trail repair. Alternator went out on a rig. We managed to get it to a gas station to change out the alternator. Got it changed and getting ready to jump start it. One of the guys was standing in-between the two vehicles. When to guy tried to start the repaired vehicle, he did so standing outside it. It was in gear on a manual tranny. The rig surged forward and almost crushed a guy between the bumpers of the two rigs. Luckily he got out of the way in the nick of time.

Be careful out there and have fun.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Yeah, once started the 66 while dad was infront lookin under the hood without pushing the clutch in. Funny how you get reliant on things like neutral safety switches...

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
401 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
Yeah, once started the 66 while dad was infront lookin under the hood without pushing the clutch in. Funny how you get reliant on things like neutral safety switches...

Adrianspeeder
I dont have a NSS on anything and I have no problems.

Sometimes though it messes with me when something does have a NSS and I end up feeling like an idiot because I cannot start the vehicle

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
Manual transmissions don't have a NSS. They do have a clutch safety switch, and the moron who bypassed the one on the vehicle this post is about should publicly beaten to within an inch of his life, IMO.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
wow, thanks for the heads up, that could have been really, really bad.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Rick3373 said:
Manual transmissions don't have a NSS. They do have a clutch safety switch, and the moron who bypassed the one on the vehicle this post is about should publicly beaten to within an inch of his life, IMO.
There is a definite positive use for a clutch safety switch bypass, but the bypass should always be on an obvious switch, never hard-wired in. In other words, if you need to start the vehicle in gear, flip the bypass on, start, and flip it back off. Prevents problems like this. :thumbup

Glad your guy is OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts