Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i haven't got my license yet and my bronco needs an inspection but i cut the fenders. My dad asked a guy he said it won't pass inspection now?
Is this true?

Thanks
Mike

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
I never heard that one. Where do you live? How much did you cut off? With all due respect for your dad's friend, I'd ask someone who does inspections in your area. If you cut them so the wheel spray would be an unusual hazard to other drivers, perhaps he is right.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Seabronc said:
I never heard that one. Where do you live? How much did you cut off? With all due respect for your dad's friend, I'd ask someone who does inspections in your area. If you cut them so the wheel spray would be an unusual hazard to other drivers, perhaps he is right.
in pennsylvania the state says as long as there are no jagged pieces sticking out to get caught on its ok.. did u cut them out due to rust or bigger wider tires?

i know some states say your wheel cant stickout further than the wheel well than u can always go the route or wheel opening flares..

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
In B.C the fenders can be cut as long as they don't pose a hazard to any one that comes around the vehicle.Usually when the fenders are cut out,the edges are folded under at a 90* angle like the factory edges.Talk directly to a vehicle inspector to find out what is allowed.At our shop we will do an MVI eqivilant to let you know what needs to be done to your vehicle before you get an actual MVI and the paperwork done.If at the MVI equivilant your vehicle passes,we give you the option of having the paper work done and the vehicle passed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts